|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 07:38 PM EST||
"The Keystone pipeline will unlock thousands of good jobs for American workers"
WASHINGTON, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Terry O'Sullivan, General President of LIUNA - the Laborers' International Union of North America – issued the following statement about Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman's approval of a new route for the Keystone XL pipeline and the urgent need for final authorization of the jobs-creating pipeline project:
"Thank you, Governor Heineman, for completing the evaluation process of the new route for TransCanada's Keystone XL Pipeline project. Your approval removes one of the last barriers separating nearly 1 million unemployed U.S. construction workers from the tens of thousands of good jobs that will be created by this massive pipeline project.
"It is clear that this pipeline is in the national interest. I urge the State Department and the White House to move with all haste in completing the next steps in the authorization process. The Keystone pipeline will unlock thousands of good jobs for American workers and any further delay beyond the State Department's current schedule will only result in prolonged economic insecurity for thousands of Laborers who would otherwise be working."
The half-million members of LIUNA – the Laborers' International Union of North America – are on the forefront of the construction industry, a powerhouse of workers who are proud to build America.
SOURCE Laborers' International Union of North America
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?