|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 01:48 PM EST||
NEW YORK and LOS ANGELES, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Marking the fifth year of its ticket resale marketplace, the National Football League (NFL) and Ticketmaster, a Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. company, are taking the NFL Ticket Exchange to New Orleans for Super Bowl XLVII. Powered by Ticketmaster, the Official Ticket Exchange of the NFL provides fans the ability to buy and sell tickets for Super Bowl XLVII through a convenient and secure, League-approved marketplace.
The NFL Ticket Exchange is the only ticket resale marketplace with the ability to authenticate Super Bowl XLVII tickets, ensuring that every Super Bowl ticket sold on the NFL Ticket Exchange is authentic. Fans can access the NFL Ticket Exchange online at NFL.com/TicketExchange or by calling (888) 635-5944.
Beginning January 30, the NFL and Ticketmaster are providing fans the added convenience and security of two authorized NFL Ticket Exchange retail locations in New Orleans. Walk-up retail locations for NFL Ticket Exchange will be open at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel (500 Canal Street) and at the NFL Experience driven by GMC (Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Halls A-G). On game day, fans will be able to pick up their Super Bowl XLVII tickets anytime right up until kickoff at the NFL Ticket Exchange Sheraton location.
"Nothing compares to the experience of being at an NFL game, and through the NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster, we are able to provide fans the most secure and convenient marketplace available to buy tickets from other fans," said Chris Hardart, NFL Director of Corporate Development.
During the week leading up to Super Bowl XLVII, Ticketmaster will be conducting a number of onsite consumer events and promotions. These events are highlighted by an invitation-only, game analysis with NFL Ticket Exchange spokesman and Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Troy Aikman and a food drive challenge supporting the Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana in celebration of Super Bowl XLVII. Details of these events include:
- From Wed., Jan. 30 to Fri., Feb. 1, NFL fans can stop by the NFL Ticket Exchange location at the Sheraton or NFL Experience and take part in a number of games and contests such as "Spin 2 Win" for fabulous prizes including a pair of tickets to Super Bowl XLVII or invitations for themselves and a guest to an exclusive Super Bowl "Chalk Talk" breakfast and photo opportunity with Troy Aikman, moderated by NFL Network Anchor Danyelle Sargent.
- Continuing its tradition of giving back to the community, from Wed., Jan. 30 to Sun., Feb. 3, NFL Ticket Exchange will be working with the Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana, a local food rescue organization, to offer fans the chance to win a pair of tickets to Super Bowl XLVII. Anyone who brings a non-perishable food item to the NFL Ticket Exchange location at the Sheraton New Orleans will be eligible to enter for a chance to win. One entry daily; must be at least 18 years old to participate. Fans visiting the NFL Ticket Exchange at the NFL Experience will also enjoy the chance to win daily prizes, including Super Bowl tickets, Ticketmaster gift cards, and NFLShop.com gift cards.
"Ticketmaster is all about providing great live event experiences and engaging the fan, and that is why for Super Bowl XLVII, we are helping fans experience the Super Bowl like never before," said Clay Luter, Ticketmaster's senior vice president of Stadium, Outdoor & College Sports. "And beyond The Big Game, we have always recognized the need to support our communities so we are continuing our tradition of supporting the citizens of the Super Bowl host city by raising awareness and proceeds for local hunger relief efforts."
Super Bowl XLVII will take place on February 3, 2013, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
About Live Nation Entertainment:
Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV) is the world's leading live entertainment and ecommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Artist Nation and Live Nation Network. Ticketmaster.com is the global event ticketing leader and one of the world's top five ecommerce sites, with almost 27 million monthly unique visitors. Live Nation Concerts produces over 22,000 shows annually for more than 2,300 artists globally. Artist Nation is the world's top artist management company, representing over 250 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Network, the leading provider of entertainment marketing solutions, enabling nearly 800 advertisers to tap into the 200 million consumers Live Nation delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenation.com/investors.
SOURCE Live Nation Entertainment
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks