|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 01:36 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- TOTSY (http://www.totsy.com), the private sale site exclusively dedicated to delivering deals on must-haves for parents, babies and kids, surveyed nearly 2,000 of its members about what will make Valentine's Day memorable or forgettable and moms' celebrity crushes.
Moms were asked who they would choose as their Valentine for a day and the winner is…dad! Watch out "Sexiest Men Alive" and red carpet Romeos, over three out of five moms surveyed (61%) said that they would choose dad over even the hottest celebrities this Valentine's Day. Of the stars that were chosen as the ultimate 2013 Valentine, Ryan Gosling topped the list with 10% of the vote, followed by Bradley Cooper (8%), George Clooney (6%), Brad Pitt (5%), Robert Pattison and Taye Diggs with (4%), Denzel Washington (2%), Javier Bardem (<1%).
64 percent of moms love Valentine's Day, 35 percent are indifferent and only one percent would rather live without it, so listen up dads! This holiday is popular and demands attention. The survey found that 86% of moms would have a perfect Valentine's Day by simply getting a sweet gift from a partner to show they care or a having a romantic rendezvous with their significant other.
Here's what TOTSY learned about how to make mom a happy Valentine this year:
- Romantic dinner: 88% love it.
- Rest and relaxation, like spa time: 81% love it.
- Jewelry: 74% love it.
- Flowers: 73% love it.
- Chocolate/Candy: 61% love it.
But be careful with lingerie! Over half of moms hate (14%) or are indifferent (43%) to receiving it as a gift.
As for what NOT to do, moms said forgetful partners (32 percent), being alone (25 percent) or being too busy to celebrate (23 percent) would be the most surefire ways to ruin Valentine's Day.
For the best Valentine's Day ever, moms said take some notes from Ryan Gosling in The Notebook—his romance with Rachel McAdams was voted by 35% as the kind they'd most like to have on the special day. When recalling their most favorite Valentine's celebrations, 34% of moms said amazing romance took the cake, and the same number noted it happened during a night out without the kids. 19% indicated exciting new life experiences made for the most memorable day, but 5% say their best Valentine's was the one on which they conceived their kids!
Additional facts and figures include:
- Nearly one in five women (18%) most want to channel celebrity Jennifer Aniston, The Girl Next Door, on Valentine's Day, followed closely by Reese Witherspoon, The Southern Belle (17%), and Mila Kunis, Cute, Quirky and Funny (15%).
"Moms take care of the family throughout the year, but it's important to remember that she needs love, affection and appreciation, too and Valentine's Day is a perfect time to shower her with attention," said Diana D. Heather, TOTSY's Chief Mom. "We hope this fun survey helps all our TOTSY Moms out there have a wonderful holiday of love," adds Heather.
The complete survey results are reserved for media only. For more information or to request the complete survey results, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headquartered in New York, TOTSY is a privately held company dedicated to providing its members with access to essential products and brands designed for expecting moms, parents, babies and kids at sample sale prices. Shopping events are designer-specific and held over a 72 hour period. Membership is free of charge and by invitation only. For more information, please visit http://www.totsy.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks