|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 01:36 PM EST||
Mercato Partners invested $7M in Goal Zero, innovator of portable solar power systems. The company partnered with Mercato to accelerate retail, online and international sales. Goal Zero, is one of the top emerging companies in Utah, was honored with an Innovation Award at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show.
Goal Zero powers devices in a variety of situations including: charging gear on a camping trip, running essential devices in a natural disaster, and keeping you charged on the go when plugging into the grid is not an option. The company’s products are sold through Amazon.com, Best Buy, Costco, Cabela’s, Lowe’s, REI and other retailers nationwide.
“Goal Zero is a perfect fit for Mercato’s portfolio. The company is leading the way in this emerging category of portable power and rapidly expanding sales. We have great confidence in their team and are excited to join the Goal Zero Nation,” commented Aaron DeRose, Mercato Director and Goal Zero board member.
“Mercato provides more than just capital, their team has a proven track record of growing technology and consumer brands,” Joe Atkin, Goal Zero CEO. “We share an aligned vision of Goal Zero’s mission to empower human potential. There is something special about providing people with portable, renewable power that makes the use of mobile phones, GPS, laptops and even refrigerators possible when power would otherwise be unavailable, unreliable, or too expensive.”
About Goal Zero
Goal Zero is the industry leader for renewable and reliable solar power. Born out of the desire to empower people everywhere, Goal Zero’s products are designed to give you the freedom to go anywhere, regardless of battery life. From cellphones to refrigerators, and everything in between, Goal Zero products keep you connected and powered up in any situation. Life never stops. Why should your gear? Solar power. Perfected. For more information, visit www.goalzero.com.
About Mercato Partners
Mercato Partners is an active growth investor in technology, branded consumer and digital media companies and is one of the top performing firms in the nation. Mercato seeks equity investments in high growth, market leading businesses and has a distinct competency in helping companies accelerate sales, develop new channels and expand to new markets. For more information about Mercato Partners and its portfolio of companies visit www.mercatopartners.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks