|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2013 12:04 PM EST||
CAMPBELL, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Enterprise data center optimization leader APTARE® now supports the HP 3PAR array as part of its StorageConsole® Feature Pack Four. APTARE Capacity Manager enables CIOs and IT administrators to gain complete visibility into total storage capacity and storage utilization across enterprise organizations. HP 3PAR customers using Capacity Manager can now easily access array executive summaries, utilization summaries, array-specific analytics, chargebacks and performance reporting. Specifically, customers benefit from the following APTARE benefits:
- Chargeback - by department, business unit, or geography (can be based on allocation or actual utilization)
- Reclamation - easily identify unused capacity and enable it to go back into the unused storage pool to be re-allocated, which reduces future storage purchases
- Re-tiering - easily identify storage that can meet SLAs on a lower storage tier, which reduces the annual cost of owning storage significantly
- Trending and forecasting - easily determine when your organization will run out of storage, or need to purchase more and know how much more storage your organization will need over time based on historical usage
APTARE CEO Rick Clark said, "We've found that enterprises rely on HP 3PAR for its high-performance, thin-provisioning capabilities to ensure server volumes aren't getting low on space. Now as part of the Capacity Manager functionality, customers can achieve enterprise-wide data management and reporting beyond what is included in the HP 3PAR software."
Enterprise Storage Group Senior Analyst Bob Laliberte said, "It's imperative for enterprises to deploy solutions that provide a realistic view of their storage environment. From primary storage through backup to disk or tape, APTARE's StorageConsole provides comprehensive end-to-end visibility."
APTARE support of HP 3PAR relies on the use of the SMI-S interface, and currently supports shipping version 3.1.1 of the HP 3PAR InForm firmware. For enterprise organizations that have capacity solutions from multiple vendors through mergers or other processes, APTARE provides a comprehensive solution with support for several vendors, including: EMC, Dell, IBM, LSI, NetApp, HP, Hitachi Data Systems and Oracle Sun.
Headquartered in Campbell, California, APTARE provides enterprise storage reporting, monitoring and alerting software products that increase the efficiency of enterprise storage environments and reduce storage costs. Over 700 enterprise customers worldwide rely on APTARE solutions for storage and data protection management. The software is sold direct and through Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Managed Service Providers (MSPs), and Value Added Resellers (VARs). More information is available at www.aptare.com, or by following the company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/APTARE, or calling + 1 408-871-9848 or Sales at 866-927-8273.
All product and company names are trademarks or registered® trademarks of their respective holders.
APTARE: + 1 408-871-9848 Ext 4168
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher