|By Business Wire||
|January 22, 2013 09:07 AM EST||
WHIPTAIL, the data storage-industry innovator powering faster and more energy-efficient computing for today’s global businesses via flash storage, today announced significant corporate growth in 2012. WHIPTAIL’s 300 percent revenue growth is attributed to adding 130 new customers in 2012 and its strong presence in the government, healthcare, and education as well as the company’s continued expansion into new markets such as chemical manufacturing, medical research and news publishing.
“We believe that 2012 was the year that WHIPTAIL and Flash hit the tipping point,” said WHIPTAIL CEO Dan Crain. “The $31 million series C round highlighted by being SanDisk Ventures’ first strategic investment shows that confidence in our vision is strong. Combine that with our rapidly growing customer base and revenue and it’s obvious that Flash is not just the future of enterprise storage, it’s the now.”
Additional 2012 company highlights include:
- Products: Introduced ACCELA and INVICTA, the second generation WHIPTAIL all-Flash storage arrays. Announced INVICTA INFINITY, the industry’s highest capacity, highest performing and most flexible enterprise class modular solid state storage array on the market, capable of exceeding 4 million IOPS and 40GB/second throughput in real world use. Unveiled RACERUNNER 4.1.1, which adds the ability for a user to replicate their data to a non-WHIPTAIL target array for, increased flexibility, security and availability.
- Application Workload Growth: Customers across 24 industries are operating faster on WHIPTAIL arrays. Customers moved databases, virtualized applications, search indexing, and virtual desktops to name a few onto WHIPTAIL. Leveraging INVICTA’s modular scale-out ability, customers consolidated multiple applications onto a single array resulting in tremendous energy savings. WHIPTAIL arrays support more than 120,000 VDI end users across the globe.
- Company Expansion: Headcount has increased more than 500% in the past 12 months and as a result the company has expanded its headquarters in New Jersey and opened a new office in San Jose.
- Capacity: WHIPTAIL hit 3.7 petabytes and almost 60 million IOPS of all-Flash storage shipped worldwide. WHIPTAIL arrays have displaced more than 300,000 high-performance 300GB hard disk drives totaling 87 petabytes while saving WHIPTAIL users more than $10 million annually in combined energy and climate control costs.
- Partnerships: WHIPTAIL partnered with Cisco, Citrix, SanDisk, Micron and VMware in 2012. Each partnership is focused on delivering dramatically optimized ROI and enhanced user experiences for customers.
“Predictions for the demise of traditional rotational storage arrays and hard disk drives (HDD) are becoming more frequent as flash vendors continue to improve quality, capacity, and longevity,” said Gary MacFadden, founder of Parity Research. “Buyers looking to exploit solid state disk and accelerate application efficiency and dramatically improve user experience without breaking the bank should consider vendors such as WHIPTAIL. They have a proven solution to meet the needs of price-conscious customers who also desire a major performance boost.”
WHIPTAIL is a data storage-industry innovator powering faster and more energy-efficient computing for today’s global businesses via flash storage. The company’s technology dramatically accelerates application performance and lowers costs for enterprises harnessing cloud computing, virtualization and big data. Based in Whippany, N.J., WHIPTAIL is run by Wall Street IT veterans and backed by investors including Ignition Partners, RRE Ventures, Spring Mountain Capital and SanDisk. Move your data at the speed of life at www.whiptail.com.
WHIPTAIL, the WHIPTAIL logo, ACCELA and INVICTA are trademarks of WHIPTAIL. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher