|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- To support the expanding role cloud services are playing across enterprise information technology (IT), Dimension Data, the $5.8 billion global ICT solutions and services provider, has launched a new cloud readiness service designed to help organizations assess their ability and preparedness for migrating applications to the cloud. Dimension Data's approach addresses readiness across four critical aspects of cloud computing: business alignment, organization, infrastructure and applications. With expertise in networking, virtualization, security, data centers, application migration, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and cloud technologies, Dimension Data's team of consultants deliver a cloud roadmap to help organizations realize the benefits of cloud computing more immediately.
"The lack of a long-term cloud strategy can result in costly rearchitecture and reintegration measures down the line," said Steve Nola, CEO of Dimension Data's Cloud Solutions Business Unit. "Dimension Data brings a rich heritage in building multifaceted enterprise IT and hybrid cloud solutions, enabling organizations to build a cloud roadmap that preserves business agility and operational efficiencies even as their business needs evolve."
According to Jeff Packard, Dimension Data's Global Head of Consulting and Professional Services, "Moving to the cloud is a complex process. There are many aspects to consider such as security, application migration, internal readiness, billing, authentication, single sign-on and integration with other applications. Even the most sophisticated IT organizations find the process of migrating to the cloud challenging. Leveraging our expertise across traditional IT and cloud services, Dimension Data now offers clients a suite of consulting services to help them prepare for their cloud journey."
Dimension Data's cloud readiness service is comprised of four elements:
- Online Cloud Self-Assessment: a short and convenient Web-based online assessment, including an in-depth survey that determines the cloud readiness level and recommends specific actions to address gaps.
- Cloud Readiness Workshop: a half-day engagement that allows Dimension Data's Consulting & Professional Services team to use key findings collected during the workshop to build a detailed 12-24 month cloud roadmap tailored for an organization's unique needs.
- Cloud Readiness Assessment: a comprehensive review of a company's organizational structure, operations and technology. This assessment is carried out over a period of approximately two weeks and focuses on developing a plan that would move a significant portion of a client's IT environment to the cloud.
- Cloud Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): designed to help clients demonstrate financial justification for an investment in Dimension Data cloud services and communicate the value proposition for these services via a highly polished set of financial deliverables.
The cloud readiness service provides organizations a comprehensive picture of where they stand in their cloud deployment cycle while also providing a long-term strategy for migrating key applications to the cloud.
To date, hundreds of enterprises have already taken advantage of Dimension Data's cloud readiness service to assess their cloud computing needs. To find out more, visit http://www.dimensiondata.com/cloud.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. Visit us at www.dimensiondata.com/na and www.facebook.com/DimensionDataAmericas or follow us on Twitter: @DimensionDataAM.
For further information, please contact:
SOURCE Dimension Data
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher