|By PR Newswire||
|January 22, 2013 09:01 AM EST||
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (Interchange) – Advancing its position as an innovator and leader in user-oriented management, LANDesk Software today announced the release of Total User Management. LANDesk is taking the lead in helping IT reorient to the new reality, which requires a model that allows users to manage the totality of their computing needs. Total User Management, a powerful and comprehensive selection of key LANDesk IT management technologies, is LANDesk's response to the evolving challenges inherent in the modern IT environment. Mobility and the proliferation of devices have reshaped the relationship between end-users and their work, leading to the emergence of a new generation of self-reliant users with an "always on" and "work anywhere" mindset, that use multiple devices to get the job done.
"Several years ago we saw that the dynamics of the mobile workforce and its associated work styles were going to force changes in the IT management model," said Steve Workman, vice president of product management, LANDesk Software. "Total User Management is the culmination of LANDesk's acquisition and development strategy and it further establishes our focus on enabling user productivity. Additionally, this focus and commitment brings about real advantages for IT in delivering greater freedom to users, while allowing IT to retain control."
Total User Management brings together key LANDesk management tools as a single solution, free from per-product licensing and per-connector or per-device add-on fees. Instead, Total User Management is licensed per user and is deployable on an as-needed basis in a user-centric, employee-focused management model. Total User Management combines LANDesk's Secure User Management Suite (released in October 2012) with the capabilities of LANDesk's ITIL-aligned Service Desk and the LANDesk Asset Lifecycle Management system. In total, Total User Management incorporates the following features:
· Secure User Management:
o Management Suite
o Security Suite
o Mobility Manager
o Data Analytics and Reporting
o LANDesk SmartVue
o Process Manager
· ITIL Aligned Service Desk with:
o Service catalog
o Verified on 15 ITIL Processes (PinkVerify 3.1)
o Process and Policy Automation
o No coding required
· Asset Lifecycle Management
· Enterprise Application Connectors
· Premise and Cloud Delivery
· "Single Pane of Glass" functionality
LANDesk Total User Management features the lowest total cost of ownership in the industry and will future-proof many IT client management needs while relieving, through its commitment to user-based pricing, already strained IT Operations budgets. All of the products available as part of Total User Management will continue to be available as point purchases, providing choice, flexibility and control for the customer. They will also be offered on a per-user, rather than per-device basis.
For IT professionals looking to learn more about how LANDesk Total User Management can help deliver user-oriented IT management, contact a LANDesk sales representative or visit: http://www.landesk.com/total-user-management-suite/
About LANDesk Software
LANDesk Software is the industry's leading provider of IT end user management, including integrated systems and asset management, endpoint security, virtualization management, end-to-end mobility, and user-oriented IT service management solutions. LANDesk provides an adaptive IT delivery model to help IT organizations increase end-user productivity. LANDesk is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with offices located in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, and can be found at www.landesk.com.
Lois Paul and Partners
Tel: (512) 784-7103
SOURCE LANDesk Software
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London