|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2013 08:04 AM EST||
CONWAY, Ark., Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CAT Squared Software, a leading software and service company for the food industry, has teamed up with Janam Technologies to offer a solution that will allow companies to easily and immediately improve food safety and quality. The solution from CAT Squared (CAT²) is a Food Safety and Total Quality Management Tool, known among leaders in the food industry as HAT(Hazard Analysis Tool).
HAT turns plant floor data into actionable, process-improving, real-time intelligence. This advanced data collection and analysis system provides users with consistent, reliable, and provable data in an easy-to-use format. HAT focuses on proactively controlling processes and preventing failures so companies can guarantee their products meet their company's and customers' standards for safety and quality.
- All data can be viewed in real-time, including failure ranking reports, pre-shipment review, and compliance reports.
- Data can also be shown on charts and graphs enabled with SPC analysis and Six Sigma capabilities.
- You may use the data to analyze loss, track root causes of problems, and prove traceability from receipt to consumer.
- Checks can be configured per your company's HACCP, HIMP, USDA, FDA, QA, QC, and SOP/GMP specifications.
- Associates may collect weight, size, temperature, grading, and defect data on the plant floor as well as perform yield, retention, and AQL checks.
- Janam's XM Series rugged mobile computers are certified for the HAT system. The software can also be used on touch-screen, hand-held, or tablet computers.
Janam's antimicrobial version of its popular XM Series is an ideal mobile device for CAT Squared and other partners serving the food industry with solutions designed to improve food safety, streamline operations and increase overall product quality. The Janam XM66AM and XM60+AM rugged antimicrobial mobile computers are the only handhelds in their category that offer "whole device" antimicrobial coverage. The entire unit – not just the plastic housing – is protected by an antimicrobial coating that effectively kills microorganisms.
"Rugged handheld computers are only valuable if workers use them," said Harry B Lerner, Janam's CEO. "Comfort, speed and weight matter. We are excited to partner with CAT Squared who clearly recognizes how important it is for the entire solution to fit the needs of the task at hand." Janam offers the only rugged antimicrobial handhelds that deliver a full 3.5" color display yet weigh less than 10 ounces. While the light, ergonomic design makes the handheld easy to carry, the relatively large display provides superior viewability, making it a welcome tool on any plant floor.
As our global population continues to grow exponentially and the need for affordable, safe, quality food increases with it, more innovations in food technology will have to be made to meet the demand. The combined strengths of CAT Squared and Janam is producing groundbreaking results.
About CAT Squared
CAT Squared was founded in 1995 and is based in Conway, Arkansas. Our customers span 6 continents and include 60% of the top 50 meat and poultry companies in North America, 3 out of the top 5 American egg producers, and 1 of Europe's leading food processors. CAT Squared specializes in innovative software solutions designed specifically for the food industry including beef, pork, chicken, turkey, seafood, produce, primary processing, and further processing plants.
CAT Squared & Janam handhelds will be at IPPE 2013 booth 4871 this Month in Atlanta. Please follow this link to the IPPE floor plan interactive map: http://bit.ly/106D2ZT. If you would like more information about this press release or to schedule an interview with Cat Squared or Janam, please call Mark Wilson at (501) 328-9178 ext. 318 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE CAT Squared
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher