|By Business Wire||
|January 21, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
Pica8 Inc., the leader in open networking for software defined networks (SDN), and The Quilt, the national coalition of advanced regional research and education (R&E) networks, will be hosting a webcast on Wednesday, January 30 at 4 p.m. EST to share best practices on how to accelerate the successful outcomes of their SDN and OpenFlow projects.
The webcast will demonstrate an open SDN reference architecture and offer insight for those who want to tackle and optimize SDN, and OpenFlow-related products. Participants will be lead through a detailed example involving an OpenFlow open-source controller, an OpenFlow open-source virtual switch and a physical switch that supports OpenFlow.
“To make OpenFlow or SDN applications actually work, the Webinar will show how and why developers need an integrated stack,” says David Liu, chief architect, Pica8. “While many required tools are readily available in open source, designers still must understand what they do, how they work, and how it should be combined for real-world applications.”
“As deployments of open networks continue to increase globally, we believe the Research and Education community has a strategic role in helping the industry to advance the understanding of what applications and services are possible. They are eager to gain insight into solving the practical problems involved in early-stage designs,” says Steve Garrison, vice president of product marketing, Pica8.
Conference Number(s): 1-877-643-6951
Participant Code: 29278440#
To join the meeting: http://thequilt.adobeconnect.com/r5h4fuypb23/
About Pica8, Inc.
Since 2009, Pica8 has been fulfilling the promise of true software defined networking (SDN) by providing the world’s first open, hardware-independent switching system. Pica8 open switches transform the data center by decoupling hardware from software. This new approach provides greater flexibility and adaptability, all while driving down implementation- and management-related costs of cloud and virtualized applications. Pica8 is a global company headquartered in Palo Alto, California. For more information, visit www.pica8.com.
About The Quilt
The Quilt is the national coalition of advanced regional networks for research and education, representing 31 networks across the country. Participants in The Quilt provide advanced network services and applications to over 200 universities and thousands of other educational institutions. For more information, visit www.thequilt.net.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks