|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2013 08:01 AM EST||
LONDON, January 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Resorts and casinos appear to have a number of tailwinds heading into 2013, as an improving U.S. economy coupled with strong sales from Asia bode well. StockCall has initiated preliminary technical analysis on Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE: LVS) and MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM), but our analysis will be updating these reports monthly to follow the trend in this industry closely. Download today's reports for free at
Numbers out of Macau are impressive to say the least. 2012 saw gaming revenues hit a record $38 billion, up from $33.5 billion in 2011. December was particularly strong, as revenues hit a single month high of $3.5 billion. In response to growing revenues in the region, companies have been taking steps to expand their operations there, with Cotai being a popular choice for new developments. In recent news, MGM Resorts International announced the official transfer of real estate in Cotai on the same terms previously reported in October of last year. The land concession is for a 17.8 acre site in the Cotai area of Macau and will have a 25-year initial term, with the right to successively renew for additional periods, subject to applicable legislation. Our full technical analysis report on MGM Resorts can be accessed at
Las Vegas Sands Corp. [Free Trend Analysis Report on LVS]  has reported an 81% jump in revenue from Asia, Macau and Singapore, for its last round of earnings. Whilst the company is also exploring expansion in Macau, it is also contemplating to invest in new resorts in Spain and Canada in an attempt to not only boost sales and earnings, but also to diversify their geographical dependence.
While Macau has been performing well, the same cannot be said worldwide. Nevada saw its gaming revenues decline by just over 11% in November, though 2013 could see numbers bounce back. It is also worth noting that another economic stumble in China or the U.S. could be detrimental, but for now the outlook is positive. With companies set to soon announce their latest quarterly earnings results, it will be interesting to see which players in this industry comes out on top. Las Vegas Sands will be reporting their earnings on February 01st
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. Technical Analysis [ http://www.StockCall.com/LasVegasSandsCorp012113.pdf ]
StockCall.com is a financial website where investors can have easy, precise and comprehensive research and opinions on stocks making the headlines. Sign up today to talk to our financial analyst at
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks