|By Marketwired .||
|January 21, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/21/13 -- Violin Memory, provider of a new class of high-performance flash-based storage systems, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of GridIron Systems, a pioneer in data center application acceleration. GridIron solutions accelerate the performance of a wide range of enterprise applications including online transaction processing (OLTP), data warehouses, virtualization and big data analytics.
"The acquisition of GridIron Systems complements and expands Violin Memory's strategy of offering memory-based solutions that accelerate business critical applications while optimizing IT infrastructures," said Don Basile, CEO of Violin Memory. "The expanded talent, technology and intellectual property position Violin Memory at the forefront of the ongoing transformation of enterprise data centers to memory-based architectures."
Violin Memory provides its customers with tier 1 Flash Memory Array solutions that enable them to achieve some of the highest performance benchmarks for a variety of enterprise applications. GridIron brings sophisticated intellectual property for SAN-based caching and application acceleration to Violin's market leading portfolio of Flash Memory Array solutions.
"GridIron's patented algorithms enable dramatic application acceleration in data center SAN environments by non-intrusively learning about input/output (I/O) access patterns and caching an application's active dataset," said Som Sikdar, founder and CTO of GridIron Systems. "By combining GridIron intellectual property and Violin Memory Array technologies, we can deliver solutions that will allow companies to transform the way they deploy and manage applications in their data center."
GridIron System's business, engineering and operations units have been successfully integrated with Violin Memory.
About Violin Memory, Inc.
Violin Memory is pioneering a new class of high-performance flash-based storage systems that are designed to bring storage performance in-line with high-speed applications, servers and networks. Violin Flash Memory Arrays are specifically designed at each level of the system architecture starting with memory and optimized through the array to leverage the inherent capabilities of flash memory and meet the sustained high-performance requirements of business critical applications, virtualized environments and Big Data solutions in enterprise data centers. Specifically designed for sustained performance with high reliability, Violin's Flash Memory Arrays can scale to hundreds of terabytes and millions of IOPS with low, predictable latency. Founded in 2005, Violin Memory is headquartered in Mountain View, California. For more information about Violin Memory products, visit www.vmem.com.
US Press Contact:
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London