|By Business Wire||
|January 21, 2013 07:00 AM EST||
ProMat, Motorola Solutions, Booth #4576 – With more data and products flowing through warehouses and distribution centers daily, Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) is utilizing the latest wireless and mobile technology to help enterprises elevate their performance, capture demand and fulfill flawlessly.
Warehouses and distribution centers are one of the most critical inflection points in an increasingly complex global supply chain. Enhanced productivity, worker safety and business growth all can be realized through mobile technology by automating, enhancing and streamlining processes.
At ProMat 2013, visit Motorola’s warehouse environment to experience the next generation of vehicle-mounted computers on a forklift, discover the possibilities of mobile technology such as head-mounted computers, and experience the best-in-class industrial wireless networks to improve your operations.
Motorola Solutions and Psion, now a part of Motorola Solutions, also are announcing two new products at the show: the AP 6562, a dual radio 802.11n access point in an IP67 outdoor-rated housing, and the Omnii™ XT15ni, a rugged handheld device designed specifically for operation in hazardous conditions. Both products will be demonstrated during ProMat at Chicago’s McCormick Place, Jan. 21-24 at booth #4576.
- The AP 6562 delivers a cost-effective means of supporting the most demanding wireless applications and large numbers of wireless devices.
- Distribution centers and transportation and logistics yards that need to maintain business continuity from the warehouse to the truck can benefit from the AP 6562’s ability to seamlessly extend the internal Wi-Fi network and deliver the bandwidth to run complex applications.
- MeshConnex™ technology enables fast routing for higher data rates and a better user experience in high bandwidth applications like video and reliable connectivity for automatic guided vehicles (AGVs), even at high speeds as they move within a warehouse, distribution center, industrial plant or yard.
- The AP 6562 offers flexible options for mounting, with both internal and external antenna versions in an aesthetic design built for outdoors, providing reliable performance in demanding weather conditions and indoors in cold storage units.
- The AP 6562’s second radio improves versatility, allowing IT departments to provide Wi-Fi access or serve as a dedicated wireless sensor that scans both 2.4 and 5 Ghz bands for network assurance and security.
- Psion today announced the Omnii XT15ni, the latest addition to its line of Omnii rugged handhelds, which allows users in harsh environments the specific usability they require to improve productivity.
- Designed particularly for operation in hazardous conditions due to potential flammability, the Omnii XT15ni is non-incendive-certified for safe operation in industries including pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, utilities, chemical and other manufacturing applications.
- Certified by UL Laboratories to Class I Division 2 safety specification, the Omnii XT15ni is compatible with the same charging and vehicle cradle accessories as the standard Omnii XT15.
- The device is modular, easily upgradable at a Psion repair center and available with unique markings to safely identify the right product for the right job in dangerous environments.
- A variety of features are available for the XT15ni including imagers, a push-to-talk speaker, camera, WAN radio and three keyboard options.
- The Omnii XT15ni maintains the backward compatibility with Psion’s Omnii family of products, providing customers with a common platform across their user bases.
Come and join Motorola for the following presentation during ProMat:
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 1:30 p.m. in Theatre E: “The Value of Pervasive Real-Time Mobility in Making Flawless Fulfillment a Reality,” Mark Wheeler, director, Motorola Warehouse Management Solutions
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks
& Communications, Motorola Solutions
“Outdoor access to Wi-Fi networks is increasingly important to outdoor yards at distribution centers. Our customers can now deliver seamless indoor and outdoor WLAN services through the AP 6562. Deploying outdoor coverage with superior performance is no longer a cost-prohibitive proposition.”
Joe White, senior director, product management, Enterprise Mobile
Computing, Motorola Solutions
“The Omnii has quickly become the most popular line in the Psion product portfolio because its industry-leading design makes it adaptable to almost any environment, and this flexibility helps customers reduce their total cost of ownership. The introduction of the Omnii XT15ni is a testament to our continued investment in the Psion line of products.”
Solutions Warehouse Solutions
Website: Motorola Wireless LAN Solutions
Video: Motorola Warehouse Innovation: Achieving Flawless Fulfillment
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
Psion, now a part of Motorola Solutions, is a pioneer in quality mobile handheld computers and their application in industrial markets around the world. We’ve innovated in the field of mobile computing since 1980, starting with the invention of the PDA; through to helping our global customers solve their business problems today. Our clients include Volkswagen, RWE nPower, E.ON, BMW, Goodyear, Copenhagen Airports, and many others.
Through our open innovation business model, we have the ability to work directly with our customers and partners to co-create new variants of our mobile hardware, software and services that meet the specific needs of the marketplace. This collaboration is made possible by our open innovation community site, www.ingenuityworking.com.
For more information, visit: www.psion.com
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. Psion, Omnii and EP10 are trademarks, or registered trademarks, of Psion PLC and subsidiaries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher