|By Business Wire||
|January 21, 2013 06:00 AM EST||
Silver Peak has launched the first of a six-part video series that features Silver Peak founder and CTO, David Hughes, looking ahead into the key information technology (IT) trends for 2013. The first video in the series looks at what’s real and what’s not with software defined networking (SDN) and why SDN may now be a “game changer.”
- Watch David Hughes’ video: http://blog.silver-peak.com/software-defined-networking-sdn-hype-or-reality-video
In this video, Hughes highlights that certain hypervisor-centric network elements will be deployed as software in the enterprise, citing the cost and simplicity benefits.
“There’ve been things like this before,” says Hughes. “Previous attempts to split the control and data plane were not successful, but now, the confluence of split data/control plane with the ability to control hypervisors directly radically changes the dynamics.”
Hughes goes on to say that SDN offers a whole new tool kit for redirecting traffic in a very seamless way, enabling companies to implement WAN optimization very easily.
The SDN video is the first in a series of six videos featuring Hughes. Each video looks at areas of IT and networking that Hughes feels will be accentuated during the coming year.
- Read the WAN Speak blog
- Follow @SilverPeak on Twitter
- Watch Silver Peak videos on YouTube
- Connect with Silver Peak on LinkedIn
About Dr. David Hughes
Dr. David Hughes is founder and CTO of Silver Peak Systems. He started Silver Peak in 2004 after a year as an Entrepreneur in Residence at Benchmark Capital. David holds fifteen patents covering packet scheduling, routing and control algorithms. He earned his PhD in electrical and computer engineering from Wollongong University, Australia, and holds a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Auckland University in New Zealand.
About Silver Peak Systems
Silver Peak software accelerates data between data centers, branch offices and the cloud. The company’s software-defined acceleration solves network quality, capacity and distance challenges to provide fast and reliable access to data anywhere in the world. Leveraging its leadership in data center class wide area network (WAN) optimization, Silver Peak is a key enabler for strategic IT projects like virtualization, big data and disaster recovery. Download Silver Peak software today at silver-peak.com/marketplace.
Note: Silver Peak Systems and the Silver Peak logo are trademarks of Silver Peak Systems, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London