|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2013 04:50 AM EST||
LONDON, January 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Inmarsat (LSE:ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services, is pleased to announce the appointment of Navin Kapila as its Managing Director for India.
Navin brings many years of highly relevant experience to his new position at Inmarsat. This includes his role as a senior official within the Indian Government's Ministry of Communications and Information Technology and senior executive posts with ICO Global, a global telecommunications company. Navin currently serves as a non-executive Board Member of Telkom South Africa and an International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Special Adviser for Emergency Communications.
In October 2012, Navin was presented with the only individual award by ITU Secretary-General Hamadoun Touré at the ITU's first Humanitarian Awards ceremony.
Rupert Pearce, Inmarsat's Chief Executive Officer said, "I am delighted that Navin is joining Inmarsat and will assume this position for us. We believe India presents an exciting market for us and we look forward to developing opportunities which will benefit the universal rollout of telecoms infrastructure to users throughout the country, wherever they may be working or living."
Inmarsat plc is the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services. Since 1979, Inmarsat has been providing reliable voice and high-speed data communications to governments, enterprises and other organizations, with a range of services that can be used on land, at sea or in the air. Inmarsat employs around 1,500 staff in more than 40 locations around the world, with a presence in the major ports and centres of commerce on every continent. For more information, please visit http://www.inmarsat.com
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher