|By PR Newswire||
|January 21, 2013 04:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, January 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Babylon launches version 10 of its translation platform, now offering new features, enriched content and Windows 8 compatibility.
Babylon.com (TASE: BBYL), a global provider of translation solutions and Internet search services, has announced the launch of "Babylon 10," the latest version of its flagship, award-winning translation software. The high performance desktop translator offers top quality translations in 77 languages and boasts a host of new features encased in a sleek new design.
The software is now available free of charge for unlimited use. It's the only software of its kind currently compatible with Windows 8, Office 2013 and Internet Explorer 10. In addition to the desktop version, Babylon 10 is available on Windows 8-based tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.
"By offering language solutions for all platforms, Babylon 10 now provides a translation tool that users can access at anytime, anywhere," said Liat Sade-Sternberg, Babylon Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "Babylon is proud to offer its most advanced translation product yet, more accurate and accessible to more markets and now entirely free of charge."
Babylon software is already used by millions worldwide, setting a Guinness World Record™ for Most Downloads of a Translation Software. This latest version of the software offers an array of new features, including revolutionary "Document Translation," which allows users to upload any Microsoft Office document and receive its translation into any one of 38 different languages, while still retaining the exact format of the original document.
"Babylon for Windows 8 adds several translation experiences and is a great example of the flexibility and integration options available to app builders on the platform," said John Richards, Senior Director of Windows App Marketing for Microsoft Corp.
Babylon 10 provides information from a repository of over 25 million terms, gathered from the world's leading dictionaries, glossaries and encyclopedias.
To learn more, visit our virtual media room: http://babylon.com/mediaroom/babylon10
Since it was founded in 1997, Babylon (TASE: BBYL) strives to break down the international language barrier with innovative, easy-to-use translation solutions. The Company is listed among the top 30 most popular websites worldwide, and has revolutionized the way people communicate across the globe. Babylon provides translation services in over 190 countries, translating over 11 million terms a day into 77 languages, from a bank of more than 25 million words, terms and phrases.
Babylon Investor and Media Relations
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London