|By Marketwired .||
|January 19, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
MIAMI, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 01/19/13 -- Glenn Lawrence, CEO Couples Resorts announced today that Couples Resorts and Casuarina Beach Club Limited have concluded negotiations for the lease of the 280 room Almond Casuarina Beach Resort, in Barbados, effective February 10, 2013.
Under Couples Resorts management, the resort will operate as Casuarina Beach Resort through May 31, 2013, offering the same facilities and amenities currently being provided. During the period of February 10 - May 31, Couples Resorts will embark on a US$ 3 million facilities and property upgrade program designed to bring the resort up the Couples Resorts standards. The upgrades will include:
- New décor and amenities in public areas and guest rooms,
- New pool and Jacuzzi,
- New Spa and Salon,
- New Gym with state-of-the-art equipment and designated Yoga gazebo,
- New piano bar/lounge.
Effective June 1, 2013, the resort will be rebranded as Couples Barbados® and will become the island's first and only all-inclusive resort exclusively for adult couples.
"We are thrilled to launch our first-ever venture in Barbados and believe this property located on the vibrant South Coast to be the perfect addition to the Couples Resorts family of boutique-style hotels," states Couples Resorts' CEO, Glenn Lawrence. "We look forward to introducing this resort to a new Couples audience and we are proud to provide our loyal Couples guests with another destination for them to call 'home.'"
"Couples Barbados staff will surpass guest expectations for a Caribbean all-inclusive vacation by delivering the romance experience and quality inclusions synonymous with the Couples Resorts brand," says Randy Russell, Couples' Senior Vice President and Chief Romance Officer®.
"Our Barbados guests will enjoy:
- Complimentary internet café and WIFI,
- Unlimited premium brand drinks,
- Gourmet dining options,
- In-room dining,
- 24 hour food service,
- Personalized mini-bars,
- iPod/MP3 docking stations,
- Piano/sports bar/lounge,
- Tennis with instruction,
- All taxes and gratuities
All set in a stunning beachfront location with lush gardens certain to reignite the spark that first brought the couple together."
Couples Barbados will redefine the meaning of all-inclusive on the island by introducing an array of exclusive value-added inclusions, specifically:
- Free Roundtrip transfers from Grantley Adams International Airport
- Free weddings and renewal of vows
- Free golf (transfers and greens fees) at The Barbados Golf Club
- Free Glass Bottom Boat Ride, including swimming with Sea Turtles
- Free Sunset Catamaran Cruise
- Free Scuba Dive
- Free Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, and Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking with instruction
- Free Shuttle to Oistin's Fish Fry -- a Barbados MUST-DO
- Guided Barbadian Green Monkey trail walk
About Couples Resorts:
Couples Resorts, headquartered in Montego Bay, Jamaica, owns and operates four properties in Jamaica -- Couples Tower Isle, Couples Sans Souci, Couples Swept Away and Couples Negril -- and now one in Barbados -- Couples Barbados. Pioneered by the legendary Abe Issa, "the father of Jamaican tourism," each Couples Resort is an unsurpassed model of the all-inclusive resorts concept, boldly designed with local inspiration to create a harmonic sense of nature and authentic Caribbean spirit. For over 35 years, Couples has delighted guests and refined the Caribbean all-inclusive resort experience by providing unparalleled service, exceptional dining experiences and exclusive added value inclusions. For further information please visit http://couples.com/.
About Almond Casuarina Beach Resort:
The hotel known as Almond Casuarina Beach Resort, which was for several years managed by Almond Resorts Inc, is the property of Casuarina Beach Club Ltd which is owned by Goddard Enterprises Limited, The Barbados Shipping & Trading Co. Limited and Almond Resorts Inc. ("Owners"). This announcement follows on from the decision of the Owners to divest their investment in Casuarina Beach Club.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2206138
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2206136
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks