|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 07:00 PM EST||
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Recruiters on behalf of Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) will be on hand when the doors open to the public at the 2013 North American International Auto Show to answer questions about U.S. salaried jobs at the company
- Ford recently announced plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in 2013 to fill jobs in such key areas as Product Development, Manufacturing and IT
- Ford is also expanding its use of social media to recruit new talent
When the doors open to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this Saturday, Ford Motor Company will have more than just cars on display – it will also have recruiters looking for job seekers.
U.S. recruiters will be on hand at the Ford display during the show's public days, Jan. 19-27, talking with visitors and answering questions about salaried jobs at Ford. Ford recently announced plans to hire 2,200 salaried workers in 2013 to fill jobs in such key areas as Product Development, Manufacturing and IT – the largest increase in new salaried workers in more than 10 years and a direct result of Ford's continued aggressive pace of new products.
"In today's competitive job market, you have to do things differently and we think having a presence at the North American International Auto Show is an innovative and clever way to get the word out that we are hiring," said Laura Kurtz, recruiting manager, Ford Motor Company. "We see this as an opportunity to find great people in unexpected places."
Recruiters will not accept resumes on site, but will answer questions about working at Ford, and will direct job seekers to the company's corporate careers website to apply. People interested in working for Ford can also follow Ford Careers on Twitter and Facebook to get job seeking tips and learn about new job openings.
To attract new team members, Ford is expanding its use of social media to reach new, technology-savvy workers, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. The company also is stepping up its recruiting efforts to reach military veterans.
All salaried job openings at Ford are posted on the Ford Careers website at www.careers.ford.com.
Interested candidates are encouraged to follow Ford recruitment on key networking sites, including Twitter (http://twitter.com/FordCareers) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/FordMotorCompanyCareers). Individuals who "like" the Ford Careers Facebook page and follow Ford Careers on Twitter will receive regular updates about new career opportunities at Ford Motor Company.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 172,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company's automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
SOURCE Ford Motor Company
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London