|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 05:01 PM EST||
SALT LAKE CITY, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In 2012, online broker-dealer Zions Direct experienced substantial growth in its auction platform, which allows both retail and institutional customers to purchase securities in its daily web-based auctions. Since the inception of its auction platform in 2007, Zions Direct has sold over $2 billion of securities in over 7,500 auctions of FDIC-insured CDs, municipal bonds, corporate bonds, preferred stock, and US agencies. Over the course of the past six years, offerings have expanded from one auction per day to an average of 15 to 20 per day, with over 3,000 successful auctions in 2012 alone.
"The auction platform continues to be an innovative method to sell fixed income securities to institutional and retail customers," said W. David Hemingway, Chief Investment Officer of Zions Bancorporation and Chairman of the Board for Zions Direct. "We look forward to expanding the platform over the coming months and years."
About Zions Direct
Zions Direct is a broker-dealer that specializes in offering securities for self-directed and fixed income-focused investors. Zions Direct allows retail investors to buy FDIC-insured certificates of deposit and corporate and municipal bonds through their web-based auction platform. In addition, clients can invest in stocks, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds online or through a financial representative. Additional information can be found at www.zionsdirect.com.
Investment products and services offered through Zions Direct, member of FINRA/SIPC.
Investment Products: Not FDIC Insured • No Bank Guarantee • May Lose Value
Zions Direct is a wholly owned non-bank subsidiary of Zions Bank.
SOURCE Zions Direct
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?