|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 04:52 PM EST||
BETHESDA, Md., Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Saul Centers, Inc. (NYSE: BFS), an equity real estate investment trust (REIT), announced today the income tax treatment for its 2012 dividends. The Company declared and paid four quarterly dividends totaling $1.44 per share of Common Stock during 2012. For tax purposes, 66.0% of the dividends ($0.9504 per common share) are characterized as ordinary income and 34.0% of the dividends ($0.4896 per common share) are characterized as return of capital. The Company declared and paid four dividends totaling $2.00 per depositary share on its Series A 8% Preferred Stock during 2012. The Company also declared and paid four dividends totaling $2.25 per depositary share on its Series B 9% Preferred Stock during 2012. For tax purposes, 100.0% of all the Preferred Stock dividends are characterized as ordinary income. The information will be reported to shareholders on Form 1099-DIV.
Saul Centers is a self-managed, self-administered equity real estate investment trust headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland. Saul Centers currently operates and manages a real estate portfolio of 58 operating community and neighborhood shopping center and office/mixed-use properties totaling approximately 9.5 million square feet of leasable area. Over 85% of the Company's cash flow is generated from properties in the metropolitan Washington, DC/Baltimore area.
More information about Saul Centers, Inc. is available on the Company's website at www.SaulCenters.com.
SOURCE Saul Centers, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks