|By Marketwired .||
|January 18, 2013 04:45 PM EST||
CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- Shaw Communications Inc. (TSX:SJR.B)(NYSE:SJR) (the "Company") has been advised that from January 16, 2013 through to today the Shaw Family and entities owned or controlled by them purchased an additional 750,000 Class B Non-Voting Participating Shares of the Company.
According to information provided to the Company, the Shaw Family and entities owned or controlled by the Shaw Family hold 53,665,223 Class A Participating Shares and Class B Non-Voting Participating Shares of the Company. The Shaw Family also advised the Company that it would continue its practice of purchasing shares on a regular basis.
About Shaw Communications Inc.
Shaw Communications Inc. is a diversified communications and media company, providing consumers with broadband cable television, High-Speed Internet, Home Phone, telecommunications services (through Shaw Business), satellite direct-to-home services (through Shaw Direct) and engaging programming content (through Shaw Media). Shaw serves 3.3 million customers, through a reliable and extensive fibre network. Shaw Media operates one of the largest conventional television networks in Canada, Global Television, and 18 specialty networks including HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, History and Showcase. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (TSX:SJR.B)(NYSE:SJR). For more information about Shaw, please visit www.shaw.ca.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher