|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 02:16 PM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The M&A Advisor is pleased to announce that 175 nominations, representing over 300 companies, have been submitted for the 7th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards.
The Finalist companies have been selected from the nominees in the first stage of evaluation and the independent panel of judges will now focus their attention on the challenging task of selecting the ultimate award winners.
The winners for Distressed M&A Deal of the Year, Restructuring Deal of the Year, Reorganization Deal of the Year, Refinancing Deal of the Year, Firm of the Year, Turnaround Product/Service of the Year and Turnaround Professional of the Year categories will be announced at the 7th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards Gala on Wednesday, March 6th at the Colony Hotel in Palm Beach, FL.
"Although the bankruptcy filings of corporations such as Hawker Beechcraft and Residential Capital, municipalities such as Stockton, CA. and the liquidation activities of Hostess Brands, highlight today's difficult environment, there were thousands of successful turnarounds in 2012 thanks to the energy and ingenuity of the world's leading restructuring and distressed investing professionals," says Roger Aguinaldo, CEO and Founder of The M&A Advisor. "The deal teams represented in our 2013 Turnaround Award finalist group have demonstrated creativity and perseverance in today's challenging climate."
This year's finalists represent the industry's leading firms, including: Blackstone; Rothschild; Bloomberg; Mesirow Financial Consulting; FTI Consulting; Kurtzman Carson Consultants; Sun Capital; Bayside and feature the year's leading transactions including: Chapter 11 Restructuring of General Maritime Corporation; Financial restructuring and recapitalization of Lower Bucks Hospital; Reorganization of Rotonics Manufacturing, Inc. by Lake Pointe Partners, LLC; Restructuring of Kerzner International Holdings Limited; Reddy Ice Corporation Restructuring; Restructuring of Los Angeles Dodgers; Watermill Group's Acquisition of Manistique Papers; Reorganization of Lehman Brothers Holdings; Reorganization of Travelport and Restructuring of Landsbanki.
For a detailed list of all of the Award Finalists by the Award Category for the 7th Annual M&A Advisor Turnaround Awards, please CLICK HERE.
THE M&A ADVISOR
Since 1998, The M&A Advisor has been presenting, recognizing the achievement of and facilitating connections between the world's leading mergers and acquisitions, financing and turnaround professionals with a comprehensive range of services including M&A SUMMITS; M&A AWARDS; M&A CONNECTS™; M&A ALERTS™, M&A LINKS™ and M&A MARKET INTEL™.
SOURCE The M&A Advisor
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London