|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 02:15 PM EST||
CHICAGO, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- While New Orleans hosts the biggest U.S. Mardi Gras., it is not the only city that celebrates the boisterous festival, according to the travel experts at The GO Group. This year the holiday (which marks the end of carnival season and ushers in Lent) falls on Feb. 12. Festivities, however, start as early as January 19.
One of the largest celebrations occurs in St Louis at Soulard Mardi Gras, offering more than 15 events. The fun kicks off Saturday, Jan. 19, with a winter carnival in Soulard Market Park offering family-friendly activities such as games, mask decorating and a children's parade. Four-legged friends can participate in The Beggin' Pet Parade and "Tail" Gating Party on Feb. 3. Festivities culminate in the illuminated Fat Tuesday Parade that winds through downtown St. Louis.
Universal Orlando hosts Bands & Beads, an authentic celebration that transforms the venue into a family-friendly version of the New Orleans street party. On Saturdays and select nights from Feb. 9 -- April 20, the celebration combines theme park entertainment with an elaborate parade, costumed performers, authentic New Orleans bands, Cajun cuisine and live concerts.
Puerto Rico's version of Mardi Gras is its annual Ponce Carnival, held the week leading up to Ash Wednesday. The carnival takes place in the downtown area of Ponce and features marauding, costumed vejigantes, who "rid" revelers of evil spirits. The festival ends with the Entierro de la Sardina, or "Burial of the Sardine," a mock funeral in honor of the coming season of Lent.
Established in 1718, New Orleans' Mardi Gras, is a lively mix of music, parades, floats, music, costumes, street performers, artists and families gathering for picnics before the more raucous night revelry begins. During Mardi Gras, virtually all the businesses and roads are shut down and everyone wears purple, green, gold and, of course, beads. Visit the website for the schedule of events.
The GO Group serves all the airports in the cities above. For a complete list, visit the website: www.GOAirportShuttle.com.
The GO Group, LLC is a one-stop source for door-to-door airport shuttle services. Its members transport some 13 million passengers to and from airports in the United States, Mexico, Canada and Europe annually. Travelers can book ground through GO's website, www.goairportshuttle.com
SOURCE The GO Group, LLC
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London