|By Marketwired .||
|January 18, 2013 01:07 PM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- Finspreads - Intel, the world's largest maker of computer microchips, has announced a cut in its profits for the last three months of 2012. Net income over the last quarter of last year fell by 27 per cent to $2.7 billion, which still beat the figure that was forecasted by many analysts. Revenue was also down; falling by three per cent to $13.5 billion.
Sales of PCs containing Intel chips have suffered with the recent rise of smartphones and tablets, something which many analysts have used to explain Intel's drop in profits.
Intel had already predicted slow sales in the run-up to the final quarter of last year, and that the usual boost to revenue from Christmas sales would be small.
Paul Otellini, Intel's chief executive, said, "The fourth quarter played out largely as expected as we continued to execute through a challenging environment."
In a statement, the company said that it expects revenue during the first three months of 2013 to be around $12.7 billion, a figure slightly lower than the average forecasts of analysts.
The announcement has already had an effect on Wall Street, with Intel slipping 5.69 per cent to $21.39.
Finspreads pioneered browser-based spread betting in the UK in 1999 by being the first provider in the industry to offer real time spread betting access via a browser.
Everything you need to know about getting started with spread betting. Risk management, trading psychology, fundamental and technical analysis, spread betting tips and strategies and more.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher