|By Marketwired .||
|January 18, 2013 10:12 AM EST||
OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/18/13 -- His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will attend the YMCA Fellowship of Honour Investiture, taking place at the National Arts Centre (Panorama Room), on Tuesday, January 22, 2013, at 11 a.m.
As patron of YMCA Canada, His Excellency will present the YMCA Fellowship of Honour award to 13 recipients from across Canada. He will also speak on the important impact that the newly inducted Companions and Officers of this award have had on YMCA's efforts to help others and to strengthen Canadian communities.
About YMCA Canada and the YMCA Fellowship of Honour
YMCA Canada is a charity dedicated to building healthy communities by nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults, promoting healthy living, and fostering social responsibility. There are 51 associations across Canada, serving more than two million people in 1 000 Canadian communities. The YMCA Fellowship of Honour is the highest honour. It recognizes the outstanding YMCA volunteers and staff who provide tremendous leadership while strengthening and expanding the capacity of the YMCA in Canada. The induction of YMCA leaders takes place every three to four years, under the patronage of the Governor General of Canada. For more information about YMCA Canada, visit www.ymca.ca.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?