|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 10:10 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Women's Health, the leading national and international women's health and wellness magazine is searching for the next face in fitness and announces the casting call for "The Next Fitness Star." The winner will be featured in the magazine and be the star of a new DVD series produced by Rodale Inc.
Women's Health has enlisted an elite panel of judges to weigh in on the submissions host of "Extra" and New York Times bestselling author of "The EveryGirl's Guide To Life" Maria Menounos, celebrity trainer and bestselling author of "The Five Factor Diet" Harley Pasternak and Editor-in-Chief Michele Promaulayko. Fitness editor, Jen Ator, will serve as a mentor to all contestants.
"The fitness industry is saturated with trainers and workout crazes that promise big results, but they're not all created equal," states Harley Pasternak, trainer and bestselling author of "The Five Factor Diet." I'm excited to help Women's Health find a star trainer that I can stand behind; someone who I know will bring everyone a fun, efficient and effective way to get in great shape."
Candidates that have a fresh and effective exercise philosophy, strong fitness ability and aptitude, a magnetic personality and market appeal can audition online at TheNextFitnessStar.com by taking a specialized Fitness Star survey and submit their headshot, a short personal video of their workout concept, written description of their workout and why they should be the Next Fitness Star. Submissions will be judged based on: workout concept, fitness ability and aptitude, marketability, social media following and personality.
Women's Health offers a tremendous platform to these trainers by providing an opportunity to reach millions of active readers," says Women's Health Editor-in-Chief, Michele Promaulayko. "It takes more than a fit body to be a Fitness Star. You need solid expertise, a dynamic personality, and the ability to connect with people and motivate them to change their lives."
Applications will be narrowed down to the top 5 finalists who will be flown to New York City where they will star in a video short showcasing their workout and participate in a photo shoot to appear on the "flip" cover of the July/August issue of Women's Health. Videos will be posted online for readers and fans to vote on their favorite finalist and also sent to our celebrity panel to judge their top finalist. The overall winner will be selected based on a combination of reader/fan votes and celeb judge votes.
The winner will:
- Star in 4-6 Women's Health fitness DVDs to be sold nationwide
- Star in an editorial feature in Women's Health in Jan/Feb 2014 issue
- Have winning workout added to class lineup at a major health club
- Act as the face/star of the DVD series in all promotional materials -- in book advertisements, online & social media and more
- Be treated like the new star they are with a full marketing strategy prepared and executed by Rodale
Participants can get more information and submit their audition online at TheNextFitnessStar.com. Follow us on twitter @womenshealthmag and on Facebook #FitnessStar for updates.
Contact: Lindsey Benoit, Director of Communications, Women's Health-212.573.0380 Lindsey.email@example.com
SOURCE Women’s Health
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher