|By Business Wire||
|January 18, 2013 06:09 AM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wdq4f6/mobile_satellite) has announced the addition of the "Mobile Satellite Communications Markets Survey, Prospects to 2020 (2011 Edition)" report to their offering.
An expert analysis of the mobile satellite industry, assessing key trends and drivers in this market characterized by both a number of growth opportunities and challenges for key players. Satellite operators, service providers, investors, manufacturers & launchers, telecoms companies, space agencies and other actors use the exclusive ten-year forecasts in their business and investment planning and strategic decision-making.
Mobile Satellite Communications Markets Survey, Prospects to 2020 is an expert analysis of the mobile satellite industry, assessing key trends and drivers in this market characterized by both a number of growth opportunities and challenges for key players. Satellite operators, service providers, investors, manufacturers & launchers, telecoms companies, space agencies and other actors use the exclusive ten-year forecasts in their business and investment planning and strategic decision-making.
The report provides a complete analysis of trends and prospects by segment, application and region:
Strategic Issues & Forecasts
- Current demand for MSS communications
- Key trends & major applications
- Ten-year forecasts (wholesale revenues & terminals)
Operators & Value Chain
- MSS operators: Financials, strategies & positioning
- Value chain & distribution
- MSS broadband, M2M, handheld
- Military & civilian government
- Mobile VSAT
Market Segments: Maritime, Land, Aeronautical, Government
- Supply (including key players)
- Business models, major trends, competition
- Applications & devices, regulation
- Key assumptions & forecasts to 2020
Regional Profiles (Five Regions)
- Current situation & trends
- Key regional players (operators & service providers)
- Trends & drivers by segment & application
- Forecasts to 2020
Mobile Satellite Communications Markets Survey, Prospects to 2020 Comprehensive expert analysis & forecasts for the MSS sector MSS wholesale revenue is expected to grow roughly 7% per year over the coming decade, due to increased demand for broadband and other MSS services in a number of vertical segments and emerging regions.
Annual growth in terminals is estimated to reach nearly 13% over the decade. A large part of this market growth to the continued shift from legacy voice services to data applications, in both high-speed broadband and low-speed messaging and asset tracking. Strong demand from commercial markets will boost the industry and more than offset a potential slowdown from government users for current military operations. Growth should also be supported by new products with enhanced capabilities, enabled in part by the launch of new MSS systems -- including Iridium NEXT and second-generation constellations from Globalstar and Orbcomm.
Nevertheless, competition from terrestrial technologies and VSAT services - which offer higher data rates and more attractive service pricing -- will remain a threat to MSS growth. Yet MSS operators are responding, such as leading MSS operator Inmarsat which announced plans to launch global Ka-band satellite service by 2014 (Global Xpress). This technology shift in the VSAT market should also have an impact on the MSS industry.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wdq4f6/mobile_satellite
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London