|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
LONDON, January 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The EuroJackpot lottery jackpot has risen to set a new record: €27 million, or approximately £22.5 million, are on offer on Friday evening as the grand prize.
EuroJackpot has now seen eleven consecutive rollovers in its current streak, breaking the previous jackpot record of €26 million which was set in August 2012. A lucky player from Germany, who held the only winning ticket, broke that particular winning streak to take home the entire jackpot.
The EuroJackpot lottery was launched in March 2012, and is on offer online in most European countries. Lottoland.com, which is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, brings the game to the UK and offers tickets to UK residents.
Similar to the EuroMillions, EuroJackpot's lottery format follows a 5-from-50 and 2-from-8 structure, with players needing to match all 7 numbers to win the jackpot prize. The probability of matching the 7-number draw is approximately 1 in 59 million, making it almost twice as high as the competing EuroMillions lottery. It's worth noting that this Friday's EuroMillions jackpot is actually lower than the EuroJackpot, which is at an estimated €26 Million.
Lottoland.com seeks to provide a unique spin on the traditional lottery, offering additional features like the DoublePot; the DoublePot allows players to double up their jackpot winnings for an additional fee. Coupled with the high jackpots already on offer this week, lucky players at Lottoland could have twice the reasons to celebrate a win, should they walk away with the €54 million on offer for the EuroJackpot, and €52 million for the EuroMillions.
Lottoland.com offers players a legal way of placing tips on lotteries such as the EuroMillions and EuroJackpot online. Lottoland has an official license from the UK Gambling Commission. It is fully compliant with European regulations and takes serious youth protection measures.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks