|By PR Newswire||
|January 18, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
LONDON, January 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
NHS Alliance Chair Dr Michael Dixon has acknowledged that the job of implementing a fully integrated health service is far from over.
Dr Dixon was speaking exclusively to the ITN Healthcare Channel ahead of the NHS Alliance Annual Conference and declared that his role in driving through clinical commissioning was far from over.
He said: "Our mission is not accomplished in terms of making the big differences in patient services it needs to make. We still need to win the argument with a lot of frontline clinicians and patients as to why it's important."
"We need to create an altruistic meeting of clinicians and patients who see their role as less of a service and more of a partnership. A partnership where everyone is creating health care services," he added.
Dr Dixon also took time to reflect on the origins of clinical commissioning from his personal experience.
"There was a lot of frustration and anger from frontline clinicians and patients that they had so little say. Primary care saw itself as a Cinderella and many of us frontline GPs and our patients said we knew how things could be improved. That was the birth of commissioning."
To see the full interviews and more exclusive content from the industry's leading organisations please visit the ITN Healthcare News channel: http://www.healthcarenews.itn.co.uk
Healthcare News from ITN Productions includes reports about:
- NHS Alliance Chair, Dr Michael Dixon, discusses the origins of the ever-evolving role of the organisation
- Logistics firm TNT Post is helping the NHS save time and money through their bespoke postal service
- Breakthrough support from Dansac is helping people to adapt to life with a stoma
- Providing more care at home and supporting patients at risk is changing lives thanks to Northamptonshire Healthcare
- MSD are taking a fresh approach to unplanned pregnancies by looking at the way teenagers access contraception
- Working better together: Berkshire West Federation of CCGs improve patient outcomes by integrating health and social care staff
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has developed a collaborative approach to tackle substance abuse
- Leading the way: Global pharmaceutical firm Ipsen is working with the NHS to help find new pathways for people with debilitating diseases
- Financial giant Deloitte is promoting research-informed collaboration between the public and private sectors
- Challenging stigmas: Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust's innovative rehabilitation programmes are improving the lives of people with mental health issues
- Integrating health services at a local level is the key to success for the staff-owned Anglican Community Enterprise
- Central Surrey Health is leading the way in providing convenient and tailored healthcare for its service users
- NHS commitments to reducing waiting times and improving the patient experience are being met thanks to services provided by Bespoke Healthcare
- When something goes wrong as part of care, the NHS Litigation Authority ensures wronged patients get what they deserve, while defending local authorities from unfair claims
- Howard Foundation Research are helping the NHS reduce obesity and cases of diabetes with a bit of help from community pharmacists
- Quantum Pharmaceutical is helping the NHS to reduce costs by keeping patients out of hospital
- The newly formed NHS Clinical Commissioners group is set to provide vital support to CCGs - find out how it can make a difference
- Dr Brian Fisher and Michael Orozco on why patient-centred care needs to be everyone's top priority
- Rick Stern wants to see a change in the culture of the NHS towards integration
- Mike Dixon joins thought leaders in panel discussion on the autonomy the CCGs
Healthcare News is the latest industry channel from ITN Productions' corporate production team, which works with trade bodies and associations to deliver high-quality news programming for individual vertical business sectors, producing videos about key industry topics, sharing best practice and updating on industry developments.
About ITN Productions: ITN Productions is ITN's central creative hub producing content for major global brands in the broadcast, online, mobile and corporate sectors.
About the NHS Alliance: NHS Alliance uniquely brings together clinicians of every kind, and managers and patients. It also brings together providers in primary care - whether they be general practice, NHS Trust, social enterprise or independent - all with a mission to improve and do their very best for each and every patient. Its strong values over the past fifteen years have given it the ear of government, while its tireless work in patient and public involvement has provided a voice for patients.
Healthcare News enquiries: Duncan Gunstone, Head of Corporate Production, ITN Productions
Tel: +44(0)20-7430-4546 or email: Duncan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher