|By Marketwired .||
|January 17, 2013 06:39 PM EST||
SALT LAKE CITY, UT -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- CHG Healthcare Services is one of the Top 3 workplaces in the U.S., according to FORTUNE magazine's 2013 list of 100 Best Companies to Work For in America. CHG claims the No. 3 spot, after making the list for the fourth consecutive year and the Top 10 for two years in a row. It is the only company headquartered in Utah to make the list.
CHG employs more than 1,500 people across seven offices nationwide, which are located in Salt Lake City, Utah; Edmond, Okla.; Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Boca Raton, Fla.; Cary, N.C.; Norwalk, Conn.; and Grand Rapids, Mich. It is the parent company to several healthcare staffing brands, which helped put to work in 2011 almost 8,000 medical professionals, who provided care to nearly 7 million people nationwide.
The company often touts its values-driven culture that focuses on Putting People First. "It's not just a feel-good strategy; it's our business strategy," says company CEO, Michael Weinholtz. "When you've got great people who come to work motivated and engaged every day, you are going to win the day every day."
To be considered for the Best Companies honor, CHG underwent an extensive audit commissioned by FORTUNE in partnership with the Great Place to Work Institute, a research and consulting company. Two-thirds of CHG's score is based on the result of a "trust index survey," which is sent to a random sample of employees. The survey probes employees for their attitudes about management credibility, job satisfaction and camaraderie. The other third asks questions about pay, benefits, hiring practices, internal communication, diversity efforts, and recognition programs.
Among the factors that catapulted CHG to the Top 3 was achieving 90th percentile scoring in every category of the trust index survey, along with its employee offerings such as a comprehensive wellness program, on-site healthcare and fitness centers, and daily recognition efforts.
In a celebration at CHG's headquarters in Holladay, a suburb of Salt Lake City, Mr. Weinholtz lauded employees for their role in earning the recognition. "You helped make this a great place to work so thank you, everybody, and congratulations." He then gave a playful jab to the list's top spot holder, "Google, don't get too comfortable -- we're closing in fast!"
More about CHG Healthcare Services
Founded in 1979, CHG Healthcare Services is one of the nation's oldest and largest healthcare staffing firms. Through its trusted brands -- CompHealth, Weatherby Healthcare, RNnetwork and Foundation Medical Staffing -- the company provides temporary and permanent placement of physicians, allied health professionals and nurses to healthcare facilities across America. CHG prides itself on having a values-driven culture that focuses on Putting People First. To learn more about CHG's award-winning culture, visit www.chgpulse.com.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London