|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 06:29 PM EST||
FREDERICK, Md., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Today, Kiosk Group Inc., the leading innovators in iPad and tablet-based kiosks, announced their new product, PowerWireRemote. PowerWireRemote is a Power over Ethernet (PoE)-based device that delivers USB power using standard Ethernet cables.
Kiosk Group president Mike James said, "Until now, our customers were limited in where they could install a kiosk – it had to be near a wall plug. Or they had to hire electricians and get permits to install new outlets specifically for the kiosks. PowerWireRemote changes all of that."
The device is able to power iPads 1, 2, 3 and Mini -- and even the power-hungry iPad 4 – using its built-in USB jack.
In addition, the system delivers Ethernet connectivity via an RJ45 jack. (While iOS devices continue to support only wireless Internet connections, some Android and Windows tablets will be able to take advantage of the direct Ethernet this system provides.)
The PowerWireRemote System is composed of two small and easily installed modules. The Remote Module is plugged into a standard wall outlet via the included power supply and, if wired Ethernet connectivity is desired, plugged into an Ethernet port. The Remote Module can be positioned up to 1,000 feet away from the kiosk.
The Kiosk Module is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and fits easily inside any professional iPad or Tablet kiosk enclosure. The modules are connected using standard Cat5 or Cat6 Ethernet cables which are widely available locally or which can be ordered along with the PowerWireRemote system.
Mr. James continues, "Any IT employee can run Cat5 to the kiosks. In fact, many companies install Cat5 through their walls when their spaces are being constructed or renovated, so there's a good chance that the cable they need is already there."
The Android and Windows version sells for $79, and the iPad version sells for $89. The iPad version includes the required iPad Adapter. Shipping is free and resellers are invited to inquire.
For more information contact Mike James at 301-637-8333.
Mike James Kiosk Group, Inc., 301-637-8333, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Kiosk Group, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks