|By Marketwired .||
|January 17, 2013 06:26 PM EST||
WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- FP Newspapers Inc. (TSX:FP) today announced a cash dividend of $0.05 per share, payable on February 28, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on January 31, 2013.
All dividends paid by the Company in 2013 and subsequent years, unless stated otherwise, are designated to be eligible dividends pursuant to subsection 89(14) of the Income Tax Act (Canada) and any applicable provincial legislation pertaining to eligible dividends. Holders of shares who are non-residents of Canada will be required to pay all withholding taxes payable in respect of the dividend.
FPI owns securities entitling it to 49% of the distributable cash of FP Canadian Newspapers Limited Partnership ("FPLP"). FPLP owns the Winnipeg Free Press, the Brandon Sun, and their related businesses, as well as the Canstar Community News division, the publisher of six community newspapers in the Winnipeg region, The Carillon in Steinbach with its related commercial printing operations, and the Carberry News Express weekly publication. The Winnipeg Free Press publishes six days a week for delivery to subscribers and single copy sales, serving Winnipeg and Manitoba with an average Monday through Saturday circulation of approximately 111,200 copies. On Sundays the Winnipeg Free Press publishes a newspaper sold through single-copy retail outlets and vending boxes. The Brandon Sun publishes six days a week, serving the region with an average circulation of approximately 12,475 copies. Canstar Community News publishes weekly with an average circulation of approximately 200,000 copies. The businesses employ approximately 540 people in Winnipeg, Brandon, Steinbach and Carberry Manitoba. Further information can be found at www.fpnewspapers.com, and in the disclosure documents filed by FP Newspapers Inc. with the securities regulatory authorities, available at www.sedar.com.
FP Newspapers Inc.
(204) 632-0281 (FAX)
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks