|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 05:34 PM EST||
DALLAS, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced that Mark A. Blinn, president and chief executive officer of Flowserve Corporation, has been elected to TI's board of directors.
"We are pleased to have Mark and his knowledge of global industrial markets," said Rich Templeton, TI's chairman, president and CEO. "The combination of his experience, financial expertise and proven leadership will make him a thoughtful voice in our strategic discussions."
Mr. Blinn, 51, joined Flowserve, a leading provider of flow control products and services, in 2004 as its chief financial officer and assumed responsibility for the company's Latin America operations in November 2007. He became a member of the company's board of directors in August 2009 and was named president and chief executive officer in October of the same year. Prior to joining Flowserve, Mr. Blinn served as chief financial officer for FedEx Kinko's Office and Print Services, Inc., and earlier was a senior financial officer at Centex Corporation, a home building company.
Mr. Blinn earned a bachelor of science degree, a law degree and an MBA, all from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
"In addition to his strategic capabilities, Mark has shown at Flowserve that he values ethics and corporate responsibility, both of which are hallmarks of TI's own culture," said Christine Todd Whitman, chair of the board's governance and shareholder relations committee.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks