|By Marketwired .||
|January 17, 2013 01:28 PM EST||
CEDAR RAPIDS, IA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Although the IRS will start processing tax returns about eight days later than usual this year, taxpayers can still prepare and e-file now with TaxACT®. TaxACT will submit all early e-filed returns as soon as the IRS begins accepting them without further action from the taxpayer.
The IRS has already released most forms early filers tend to need. "The overwhelming majority of taxpayers can prepare and e-file returns today, regardless of IRS delays," said TaxACT President JoAnn Kintzel. "Get it done now and be first in line when the IRS begins accepting returns from TaxACT and other providers on January 30."
If a return includes a form not yet available, TaxACT's notification process automatically alerts the customer when it is ready, allowing them to finish the return and e-file immediately.
The IRS processes returns and refunds on a first come, first served basis. Based on IRS-issued refund guidelines, a taxpayer who e-files on January 30 could have their refund direct deposited in early February.
Fast, affordable refund options
TaxACT Online® federal and state products include free e-file. Combined with direct deposit, e-file is the fastest way taxpayers can receive their refunds.
TaxACT offers additional convenient refund options:
- Receive your refund on a TaxACT prepaid debit card for a fraction of the cost of other solutions.
- Pay for TaxACT Online product fees by deducting the amount from your refund.
- Use all or part of your refund to purchase U.S. Savings Bonds in increments of $50.
After e-filing, TaxACT customers can check the status of e-filed returns and federal refunds 24/7 on a computer, mobile phone, or with TaxACT Central, a free companion app for Android and Apple devices. TaxACT also offers email and text message notifications.
Totally free tax filing plus tax and audit help for all taxpayers
All Americans can prepare, print, and e-file their 2012 federal taxes for free. No restrictions, no bait and switch. Unlike other free solutions, TaxACT Free Federal Edition includes all e-fileable IRS forms to cover simple and complex returns.
Computer and tablet users can file for free on www.taxact.com. PC users can install TaxACT from a CD or download at www.taxact.com. TaxACT is also available as a free tablet app for the iPad® and Android tablets.
TaxACT offers instant, personalized help every step of the way in the enhanced Answer Center, online at taxact.com and with Audit Assistant. Customers can also email tax and audit questions to TaxPayer Support Specialists for free answers.
Low-cost state returns
Free Federal Edition users can add a state return for $14.95, less than half the price of other state solutions. A state return with TaxACT Deluxe is just $8. TaxACT State includes all part-year and non-resident forms, and Online State includes free e-file.
TaxACT Online Deluxe and State include TaxACT's Price Lock Guarantee. Whether you file today or on tax day, April 15, you're guaranteed the price advertised in the offer through which you registered.
TaxACT, made by 2nd Story Software®, is the critically acclaimed leader of affordable digital and download tax preparation solutions for consumers, business owners and tax professionals. In the 2005 tax season, TaxACT became the first to offer free federal tax software and e-file to all U.S. taxpayers. TaxACT has been the second-most visited online tax preparation destination for the past seven consecutive years(1). Since 2000, TaxACT Online has assisted with more than 38 million e-filed federal returns. TaxACT is a business of Blucora (NASDAQ: BCOR). Learn more about TaxACT at www.taxact.com and www.taxact.com/press.
(1) According to collective week end reports for taxact.com and taxactonline.com released by Hitwise during the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 tax seasons.
TaxACT Public Relations
(319) 373.3600 X2193
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher