|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 12:04 PM EST||
SOLON, Ohio, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Administrators in every school across the country can take a simple step to increase school security today by adding Mace pepper spray to their safety plan. While debates about gun regulation continue, Mace pepper spray is a non-lethal defense option that can heighten any school's security preparedness.
"I wish our schools could be 100% safe for our kids. But since that's not the case, I want every school in this country to be as safe as possible. Mace is a safe, easy-to-train, easy-to-use, cost-effective, non-lethal method for slowing down a potential attacker until first responders can arrive. In an attack situation, Mace can save innocent lives," said John McCann, President and CEO of Mace Security International.
Security experts believe that every school in this country needs a comprehensive safety strategy. Mace can play an important role in a school's safety plan because it empowers every adult in a school -- teachers, principals, and cafeteria and maintenance staff -- to help keep kids safe. Pepper spray can't stop a bullet, but it can slow down a potential attacker until first responders can arrive.
The use of Mace is already part of the National Institute of Justice's Continuum of Force guidelines for handling stressful or potentially lethal situations:
- Officer's presence (commanding and authoritative presence)
- Verbal commands (voice commands)
- Passive control (physically moving a person)
- Pepper spray (To shut down vision and disturb the breathing)
- Defensive body tactics (hands-on tactics)
- Impact weapons (batons)
- Lethal force (firearms)
"It's time to take proactive, non-lethal steps to protect our nation's kids," McCann explained.
Mace Security International, Inc. (OTC PINK: MACE) is a manufacturer and provider of personal defense, safety, and electronic security products to consumer and business market segments under the highly recognized Mace® brand. Mace also owns and operates a UL/ETL listed central station providing remote monitoring services to the wholesale security trade. For more information, go to www.mace.com or write to Mace Security International, Inc., 29100 Aurora Road, Suite 10, Solon, Ohio 44139.
SOURCE Mace Security International
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London