|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 12:00 PM EST||
INDIANAPOLIS, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today that Roche Diagnostics Corporation has been selected to FORTUNE magazine's annual list of the "100 Best Companies to Work For." Roche debuted at 89 on the list and is the only Indiana-based company selected.
"Being named a 'Best Company to Work For' validates what we already know about our organization," said Jack Phillips, president and CEO of Roche Diagnostics. "Roche is not only a leader in personalized healthcare; we're also a leader in attracting and developing the best people. We are successful only because our people are successful and I couldn't be prouder that our entire workforce is being recognized by this award."
In selecting Roche Diagnostics for the list, Fortune magazine cited the company's on-site medical clinic and fitness center; $30,000 budget for intramural sports; and health insurance plans tiered to income levels.
The entire list of the 2013 "100 Best Companies to Work For" is available at www.fortune.com/bestcompanies.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Roche is a leader in research-focused healthcare with combined strengths in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Roche is the world's largest biotech company with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, virology, inflammation, metabolism and CNS. Roche is also the world leader in in-vitro diagnostics, tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a pioneer in diabetes management. Roche's personalized healthcare strategy aims at providing medicines and diagnostic tools that enable tangible improvements in the health, quality of life and survival of patients. In 2011, Roche had over 80,000 employees worldwide and invested over 8 billion Swiss francs in R&D. The Group posted sales of 42.5 billion Swiss francs. Genentech, United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche has a majority stake in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information: www.roche.com or www.roche-diagnostics.us.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
For further information, please contact:
Director, Corporate Communications
Roche Diagnostics Corporation
SOURCE Roche Diagnostics
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks