|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 11:08 AM EST||
NEW YORK, Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- About.com has opened the nomination period for its sixth annual Readers' Choice Awards, which honor the best products, features and services across dozens of categories.
Beginning today through February 11, readers can nominate their favorite can't-live-without-it product or service, such as the best budget hotel, gardening book or wireless provider. Five finalists from each category will be selected by Guides from About.com and will advance to the final round of voting. From February 19 to March 19, 2013 About.com readers will be able to vote for their favorite finalists. The winner in each category will be announced on March 27, 2013.
"The Readers' Choice Awards give our readers a chance to share their knowledge of and passion for the best products and services they've come across over the course of a year," said Margot Weiss, managing editor, About.com. "Each year we are impressed by readers' enthusiasm and involvement with the awards program, which directly speaks to their engagement with their favorite topics on About.com."
Recipients of the Readers' Choice Awards will have the opportunity to display the coveted About.com Readers' Choice Awards badge on their Web site.
This year, the About.com Readers' Choice Awards categories include: computing & technology, education, electronics & gadgets, entertainment, food & drink, health, industry & trade, hobbies & games, home & garden, jobs & careers, local, parenting & family, people & relationships, religion & spirituality, sports & recreation, style and travel. Additionally, for the first time ever, About en Espanol will be participating in this year's awards.
About The About Group
The About Group comprises the Web sites About.com, ConsumerSearch.com and CalorieCount.com. About.com is a valuable resource for content that helps users solve the large and small needs of everyday life. ConsumerSearch.com analyzes expert and user-generated consumer product reviews and recommends the best products to purchase based on the findings. CalorieCount.com is an online resource that helps users solve the everyday challenges of losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle. The About Group is part of Ask.com, which is owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
SOURCE The About Group
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks