|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 08:02 AM EST||
LONDON, January 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
With all three top hotel and motel metrics rising recently, it is no wonder that investors are taking a closer look at companies in the REIT Hotel/Motel industry. Our analysts at StockCall issued a technical analysis report on two of the industry's top companies, Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. Register now and access these reports in the member's area for free at
Occupancy rates have been increasing along with average daily rates and revenue per available room, which all bode well moving forward. According to STR, for the week ended January 5th, 2013, U.S. occupancy rates were up 7.6 percent, average daily rates jumped 15.7 percent and revenue per available room soared 24.4 percent.
With a recovering economy continuing to build strength and the fiscal cliff avoided, companies in the industry could see their solid start to 2013 persist. Several companies such as Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. (NYSE: HST) have also been expanding their holdings through acquisitions and expansions of late, and with demand increasing, the timing could be ideal. StockCall technical report on as Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. is accessible at
Companies with operations abroad have also been excelling, as demand has been recovering in a number of top international destinations. Certain cities in China have been posting improved numbers, and some predict that London, as well as all of the U.K. will also post better figures in 2013. While there is a lot going for the industry competition remains fierce and this could lead to uneven performances by top industry players.
StockCall.com is a financial website where investors can have easy, precise and comprehensive research and opinions on stocks making the headlines. Sign up today to talk to our financial analyst at
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?