|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 07:45 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced that Brazil's Procempa, a leading ICT company, has successfully implemented the company's high performance switching solutions for a complete, city-wide wired and wireless network. The Infoway Procempa network supports Procempa's mission to benefit the lives of Porto Alegre's citizens by way of an impressive metropolitan network.
Featuring an optical fiber foundation and Gigabit speeds, the network offers a diverse range of converged computing services for thousands of citizens, all local government agencies and educational institutions.
Procempa Infoway Highlights:
- The network serves Porte Allegro's 1.5 million citizens by leveraging 800 km of Fiber cabling
- The network also provides wireless broadband to more than 350 municipal buildings, thousands of employees and approximately 100 schools
- For video surveillance, more than 1,000 IP cameras are supported within public schools and the transit system today with near term plans to support hundreds more
- 2,000+ VoIP lines are supported allowing the Municipality of Porto Alegre to achieve yearly savings of approximately R$7 million
- In the near future, a 10 GbE core network upgrade on existing switches will pave the way for support of virtualization
Procempa's converged network, supported with design and implementation services from Extreme Networks solutions provider Damovo.
"The ambitious Infoway project and deployment of Extreme Networks Gigabit Ethernet solutions began in 2006 when it was revealed that the previous ATM network was not compatible with a new generation of digital services, part of an ambitious multi-year plan with government leaders to position Port Alegre as a central point for connectivity in Brazil and internationally," said Lafaiete Everardi dos Santos, Operations Manager at Procempa. "In addition to ensuring increased scale and the flexibility to deliver all services for the Infoway, the solution features the ExtremeXOS® OS, that is capable of managing and configuring our wired and wireless hybrid networks, all from a single switch and management console. This distinction is important for Procempa to be able to create a truly integrated network infrastructure that incorporates a unified view of all the multiple services it needs to support."
Extreme Networks, Inc. is a technology leader in high-performance Ethernet switching for cloud, data center and mobile networks. Based in Santa Clara, CA, Extreme Networks has more than 6,000 customers in more than 50 countries. For more information, visit the company's website at http://www.extremenetworks.com.
Extreme Networks and the Extreme Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other names are the property of their respective owners.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release, including without limitation statements as to features, performance, and benefits of Extreme Networks products are are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date. Because such statements deal with future events, they are subject to risks and uncertainties, including network design and actual results of use of the product in different environments. We undertake no obligation to update the forward-looking information in this release. Other important factors which could cause actual results to differ materially are contained in the Company's 10-Qs and 10-Ks which are on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission (http://www.sec.gov).
Extreme Networks, BlackDiamond, Summit and ExtremeXOS are registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks