|By Marketwired .||
|January 17, 2013 06:32 AM EST||
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/17/13 -- Computacenter has identified the impact of cloud computing on the datacenter. According to the company, cloud computing will infiltrate every organisation whether it's with the CIO's approval or not.
A staggering 98.9% of organisations interviewed claimed to use at least one cloud service.
The datacenter needs to continually adapt to cope with planned and unplanned demands from the business, an issue which has intensified with huge virtualisation sprawl and the expectations of cloud computing.
With off-premise options snapping at the heels of the corporate data centre, IT departments need to ensure their on-premise services meet current and future business needs. And that means lower costs, greater agility and higher availability.
Computacenter helps organisations find the best-fit, best-value solutions and strategies to make their datacenter more predictable, sustainable and affordable.
Cloud brings key benefits set to transform the way IT is consumed within the enterprise, including cost, flexibility and agility. The challenge for most organisations is maintaining control in the face of the increasing consumerisation of IT, whereby staff use their own IT in preference to corporate devices and applications. Cloud gains much of its efficiency through very high utilisation, with many cloud services providers' datacenters running at 50% or higher. In contrast, many enterprises run their datacenters at 10% utilisation or less.
Computacenter has developed end-to-end solutions to datacenter transformation, its expertise and knowledge provides a perfect fit for a partnership that will help organisations drive outcomes in virtualisation, automation and the pathway to cloud.
IDC research explains how not using cloud is the greatest risk to business productivity.
- 90 percent of corporate datacenter capacity goes unused
- 98.9 percent of organisations now use at least one cloud service
- 23 percent of organisations have multiple cloud services in full-scale use
- 8 out of 10 employees use consumer cloud services to fill the corporate IT gap
To discover what impact the cloud is having on your organisation's IT infrastructure, download the IDC paper via http://www.itenabledbusiness.computacenter.com/the-impact-of-cloud-on-the-data-centre/.
Additionally, to join the debate on LinkedIn, visit http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Computacenter-UK-4443778?goback=%2Egna_4443778.
Tel: +44 (0) 1707 635620
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher