|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With each passing year, technological advances in the auto industry and increased consumer expectations combine to raise the bar for new-car fuel economy. Last year's go-to measurement of 40 mpg highway now has been upped by the editors of KBB.com to the even-tougher-to-achieve 40 mpg combined (city and highway) as the latest benchmark in fuel-economy status. New-car shoppers can check out details about the newest fuel-sipping standouts in 'The 40 mpg Cars of 2013' from the editors of Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com. Highlights include:
- KBB.com's expert editors detail 25 new cars that achieve 40-plus mpg combined (city and highway).
- The list includes a wide range of vehicle types and price-points for new-car shoppers, including subcompacts, compacts, SUVs, luxury cars, sedans, hatchbacks, hybrids, electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids and more.
- Vehicles on the list hail from domestic American, European, Japanese, and even some start-up vehicle manufacturers.
- Specific models include (but are not limited to): 2013 Scion iQ EV, 2013 Honda Fit EV, 2013 Ford Focus Electric, 2012 Nissan Leaf, 2013 Chevrolet Volt, 2013 Tesla Model S, 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV, 2012 Fisker Karma, 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid, and many more.
- Each vehicle description in the story details the vehicle's city/highway/combined mpg, as well as mpge and important range information for the electric vehicles on the list.
For more information and news from Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com, visit www.kbb.com/media/, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kelleybluebook (or @kelleybluebook), like our page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/kbb, and get updates on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+kbb/.
SOURCE Kelley Blue Book
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks