|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 05:00 AM EST||
BATON ROUGE, La., Jan. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BuildMyBod, the plastic surgery site responsible for the BuildMyBod web and mobile app and the recently launched BuildMyBod Promos, released its Annual Plastic Surgery Pricing Report for 2013.
The 2013 report highlights complete procedural costs from Board Certified Plastic Surgeons around the United States including member-surgeons of the two most representative plastic surgery societies: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
Plastic surgery pricing is of immense online interest. According to Google search data, out of the millions of Google searches that occur monthly within the plastic surgery space, 10% of those searches are explicitly seeking procedure pricing and cost information.
To date, this is the most accurate data released on plastic surgery pricing. All pricing data was collected from Board Certified Plastic Surgeons, which includes physician fees and ancillary fees such as operating room or anesthesia fees, and implant fees that account for up to half of the total procedure – costs that were noticeably absent in previous surveys.
Based on information collected from the BuildMyBod database, here are some highlights of the Annual Plastic Surgery Pricing Report for 2013:
Breast Augmentation (silicone implants) total procedure price U.S. average: $6,443
- Southern Region average: $6,006
- Western Region average: $6,140
- Northeast average: $7,577
- Midwest average: $6,760
Tummy Tuck total procedure price U.S. average: $7,187
- Southern Region average: $6,740
- Western Region average: $6,911
- Northeast average: $8,550
Facelift total procedure price U.S. average: $8,409
- Southern Region average: $8,169
- Western Region average: $8,530
- Northeast average: $8,906
- Midwest average: $8,081
"Our goal, at BuildMyBod, is to create more knowledgeable consumers and help connect them to Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. By selecting procedures of interest, consumers can determine the total estimated costs of those procedures from participating plastic surgeons, all before they enter the office for a consultation," said Dr. Jonathan Kaplan, CEO of BuildMyBod, and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
BuildMyBod, the technology-based startup was founded by Dr. Jonathan Kaplan. BuildMyBod.com offers consumers a complete database of procedure pricing and BuildMyBod Promos notifies consumers of specials on non-surgical procedures by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in their area. For additional pricing information specific to a participating plastic surgeon, visit www.buildmybod.com/pricing; or, for additional insights related to plastic surgery pricing in the U.S., visit www.buildmybod.com/blog.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher