|By Business Wire||
|January 17, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
Mexico, one2many, the world’s leading Cell Broadcast company, has announced the opening of a new office to help sustain its continued growth in Latin America. Located in Mexico, the office will help the company support existing clients as well as to support partners to develop new business in LATAM market.
one2many has its headquarters in The Netherlands. Employees of one2many are currently based in offices in the Netherlands, Dubai UAE, Serbia, Malaysia and Canada.
Maarten Mes, CEO of one2many, commented: “Cell Broadcast is proving to be a vital value-add service for mobile operators and governments across the globe. The wealth of applications it delivers, range from Wireless Emergency Alerts and location-based marketing, to micro-blogging social media services and new tariff plans (Dynamic Tariffing). Together these services are delivering new revenue streams for our customers and partners, helping them to grow their bottom line in an increasingly tough telecoms market place. We have seen particular interest from carriers in Central and South America, and this new office serves to underline our commitment to this important market while allowing us to grow our business organically.”
Cell Broadcast services are particularly sought after for time-sensitive location-based services as they deliver immediate text message broadcasting to vast numbers of recipients simultaneously. Governments across the world are increasingly using Cell Broadcast for Wireless Emergency Alerts, whether they are related to natural hazards or security threats. When such events occur, it is vitally important to instantly reach millions of mobile users within a given area in seconds, without violating subscriber privacy or being affected by network congestion. Some of the Public Warning initiatives around the world are: FEMA’s Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA – a part of CMAS) live in the United States. NL-Alert in the Netherlands, launched November 2012, part of the European EU-Alert programme.
For mobile operators meanwhile, Cell Broadcast represents a unique opportunity to locally optimise the capacity utilisation rate and to launch new revenue-generating services.
one2many is the pioneer behind Cell Broadcast. Having built world’s first Cell Broadcast Centre in 1996, it can claim to have the most mature Cell Broadcast solutions on the market.
one2many is the world’s market leader in Cell Broadcast with experience in excess of 80 installations, at 50 customers in more than 30 countries on all continents.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks
- MAX 2006: Tracks Announced
- BT's "Fixed-Mobile" Phone Gives Callers the Best of Both Worlds
- MetaSolv to Host Provisioning Symposium in London