|By PR Newswire||
|January 17, 2013 02:00 AM EST||
LONDON, January 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
WebHealer working with Samaritans to increase the power of fundraising
Feel Good Friday is back - this year, on Friday 1 February 2013 - and WebHealer is once again proud to be supporting it with its Feel Good Friday Therapy Map - now even bigger and better than last year.
Feel Good Friday is a national fundraising initiative in aid of Samaritans, when everyone is encouraged to brighten their day a little by raising funds to allow the charity to continue their vital life-saving service.
How it works is simple: WebHealer's interactive map lists therapists who have committed to supporting Feel Good Friday by donating a proportion of their treatment costs to Samaritans. Most therapists are donating at least £3 per treatment to Samaritans - some are even donating as much as £20 per treatment.
"It was the first time I have taken part in anything like this and I was amazed by the response - to the point that I had to extend my Friday to the day before! And I raised £135 for Samaritans."
Amanda Weller, http://www.quantumbeing.co.uk (supported Feel Good Friday in 2012)
The team at WebHealer is inviting you to use the Therapy Map to find a participating therapist in your area and book directly for a treatment on Friday 1 February, when part of the cost will go directly to Samaritans. All sorts of therapies are available: reflexology, shiatsu massage, hypnotherapy, beauty treatments and many more.
Samaritans Executive Director of Fundraising and Communications, Rachel Kirby-Rider, said:
"We are delighted that WebHealer is supporting Feel Good Friday for the second year in a row and we wish them the best of luck. Funds raised from the day will allow us to continue to deliver our round-the-clock service for anyone going through a tough time."
WebHealer runs websites for thousands of professional therapists throughout the UK. In 2012, there were 110 therapists on the WebHealer interactive map; it proved so useful in helping people find those taking part in Feel Good Friday, that WebHealer is extending the map this year to include more than 250 therapists. It's also creating a PDF download poster for therapists to use locally - thus spreading the message even wider.
Phil Hulme, Director, WebHealer, added:
"We're also going to match any funds raised by our clients this year, thus doubling the amount we will be able to donate to Samaritans."
So book a session with one of the therapists on the Feel Good Friday Therapy Map - and feel twice as good. Not only will you be helping yourself with a therapy session, you'll be helping Samaritans at the same time.
For more information and to access the Therapy Map, visit http://www.webhealer.net/feel-good-friday
Notes for Editors
- WebHealer is a website company serving the professional therapist market; they have been in business for over 10 years and specialise in listing customers' websites on the world's favourite search engines - so as well as being easy to use and understand, a WebHealer website is also easy to find (http://www.webhealer.net).
- Samaritans' vision is that fewer people die by suicide. People contact Samaritans when they are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to. More than 20,000 Samaritans' volunteers are available round the clock, every day of the year. The helpline provides a safe place to talk and all conversations are private.
- To contact Samaritans call +44(0)8457-90-90-90, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit http://www.samaritans.org to find your nearest branch.
Contact: Phil Hulme at WebHealer on email@example.com / +44(0)870-757-9878
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher