|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 07:55 PM EST||
WARREN, Mich., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Michigan Business and Professional Association (MBPA), along with its sister association the Michigan Food and Beverage Association (MFBA), fully support Governor Rick Snyder's new plans to continue making Michigan a friendlier place to do business. The two Associations have a combined membership of more than 20,000 small business members statewide.
"We are very pleased to see the Governor continue his efforts to strengthen the climate for small business within our state," said Jennifer Kluge, president of both Associations. "Today, Michigan is better positioned as a national economic force despite our continuing economic challenges; in many ways, we are actually leading the nation back out of the recession," she continued.
Kluge was particularly encouraged by the Governor's recommendations to make the Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation (OFIR) a full-fledged department to better assist Michigan businesses with implementation of the Affordable Care Act and with his call for special summits to focus on issues like talent and regional collaboration. "After hearing his enthusiastic support for these additional business friendly initiatives, we are especially looking forward to working with the administration on all business issues," Kluge concluded.
Based in Warren, Mich., the Michigan Business & Professional Association (www.michbusiness.org) is the largest business organization of small to medium-sized businesses in Michigan, representing more than 20,000 members who employ over 200,000 persons. Members include attorneys, physicians, architects, accountants, construction companies, banks, retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers and the like. Member businesses receive numerous benefits including free legal and financial consultations; discounted technology, automotive and office products; employee training and recruitment assistance; and competitive insurance rates. The MBPA is a sister association to the Michigan Food & Beverage Association (MFBA).
SOURCE Michigan Business and Professional Association
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher