|By Maureen O'Gara||
|January 16, 2013 06:15 PM EST||
VMware CTO and senior VP of R&D Steve Herrod is leaving after 11 years with the company to become managing director of General Catalyst, the VC operation based out of Cambridge, Massachusetts and Palo Alto, California, where he hopes to put his team-building skills to work to extend it into a “broader technology domain.”
He says his “primary focus will be finding, supporting and developing great technical entrepreneurs as they build the products and companies that they’ve always dreamt of building. These companies will bring the same tremendous energy, creativity, and innovation to these and other challenges, just as VMware has for so many years.”
He will apparently remain a technical advisor to VMware.
An ever-popular speaker, Steve Herrod gave a keynote at 1st Cloud Expo
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks