|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 05:28 PM EST||
PHILADELPHIA, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. today announced "Let's Go for a Ride", a new, interactive ride and drive event at the Philadelphia Auto Show. "Let's Go for a Ride" will provide the first public rides in the all-new 2013 RAV4, a reinvention of the world's original crossover sport utility vehicle. The event will also feature rides in the next-generation, completely redesigned 2013 Toyota Avalon, as well as Camry Hybrid, Prius and Venza models. "Let's Go for a Ride" is open to members of the media on Jan. 18 and to the public from Jan. 19 to Jan. 27.
"Let's Go for a Ride" will feature professional drivers and trained product specialists who will take attendees on an indoor closed course that covers more than 31,000 square feet of the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Personalized messages displayed on overhead screens throughout the course will highlight key features of the vehicles and the product specialist will explain their benefits and capabilities. These features include:
- Entune, the company's revolutionary onboard multi-media system
- Toyota performance systems and racing heritage
- Toyota's Industry-leading Safety Features, including the Star Safety System
- Fuel economy ratings
- Toyota's advanced design and styling
"There is tremendous anticipation in the Mid-Atlantic for the 2013 RAV4 and we expect it will become the number two selling vehicle in the region, behind the Camry – so we wanted to create a test-drive experience that matched everyone's excitement and expectations," said George Brenner, Assistant General Manager, Central Atlantic Region, Toyota. "'Let's Go for a Ride' delivers on this by offering consumers at the Philadelphia Auto Show an interactive, informative and fun way to experience the RAV4 as well as several of our other exciting models, including the completely redesigned 2013 Toyota Avalon."
"Let's Go for a Ride" will also raise money for charity. Everyone who participates will be asked to select one of three charities – the American Red Cross, the National Park Foundation or AMVETS (American Veterans) – and Toyota will make a contribution to the organization on his or her behalf. Participants also will receive a complimentary gift from Toyota, while supplies last.
In addition to "Let's Go for a Ride", guests can explore the full Toyota lineup which will be on display in the exhibit area. Both will be located in the Northwest corner of the Philadelphia Convention Center.
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Established in 1957, TMS markets products and services through a network of nearly 1,500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers which sold more than 1.64 million vehicles in 2011. Toyota directly employs nearly 30,000 people in the U.S. and its investment here is currently valued at more than $18 billion. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyota.com or www.toyotanewsroom.com.
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
SOURCE Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks