|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:00 PM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD), the leading global owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate, today announced commencement of a new development project totaling 795,000 square feet (73,857 square meters) in Japan.
Prologis Park Kitamoto is strategically located in Saitama Ken-O Expressway, a submarket of Tokyo. The facility, located within 29 miles (47 kilometers) of Tokyo's central business district, will also give customers access to the Sendai and Nagoya markets via the Ken-O Expressway. The four-story facility is expected to be completed in early 2014.
"The Saitama Ken-O submarket has evolved into a prime distribution hub, in part, due to Prologis' successful market entry at Prologis Park Kawajima," said Mike Yamada, president, Prologis Japan. "Demand for our industry-leading facilities has been strong and we look forward to adding this state-of-the art property to our portfolio."
Prologis is one of the leading providers of industrial real estate in Asia, with approximately 21 million square feet (1.95 million square meters) of logistics and distribution space in Japan. Major Prologis customers, include: Hitachi Transport System, Panasonic Logistics, Sagawa Express Group, Nippon Express, Kirin Logistics, Tomy Company, Yamato Logistics, Costco, Daikin Industries, and Caterpillar Logistics Services, Inc.
Prologis, Inc. is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial real estate, focused on global and regional markets across the Americas, Europe and Asia. As of Sept. 30, 2012, Prologis owned or had investments in, on a consolidated basis or through unconsolidated joint ventures, properties and development projects expected to total approximately 565 million square feet (52.5 million square meters) in 21 countries. The company leases modern distribution facilities to more than 4,500 customers, including manufacturers, retailers, transportation companies, third-party logistics providers and other enterprises.
SOURCE Prologis, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks