|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:00 PM EST||
WESTBROOK, Maine, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. (NASDAQ: IDXX) announced today that Merilee Raines will retire as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer following the Annual Meeting of Stockholders in May 2013. Ms. Raines has been Chief Financial Officer of the Company since 2003 and has been employed by the Company since 1985.
"I am deeply grateful to Merilee for her many substantial contributions to the Company over the course of her long and successful career at IDEXX," said Jonathan Ayers, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "She has been an invaluable advisor to me during my 11 years as CEO and has played a leading role in the growth and development of IDEXX almost since its inception. We all wish Merilee the best when she moves on to the next chapter this spring."
The Company will conduct a comprehensive internal and external search for a new chief financial officer.
"I am very fortunate to have played a part in helping to grow IDEXX from a small start-up to an international leader in its markets," said Ms. Raines. "I feel that the Company's future prospects are as strong as they have been at any time during my tenure. It has been a privilege for me to work with a world class team of people who are committed to fulfilling our purpose of enhancing the health and well-being of pets, people, and livestock."
About IDEXX Laboratories
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for livestock and poultry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs more than 5,000 people and offers products to customers in over 100 countries.
SOURCE IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher