|By Business Wire||
|January 16, 2013 01:08 PM EST||
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j9ndt3/selforganizing) has announced the addition of the "Self-Organizing Networks: Market Analysis and Forecasts" report to their offering.
A global assessment of the Self-Organizing Network (SON) software market, providing in-depth insight into the market drivers, barriers, vendor strategies and future prospects for the industry.
Network planning and on-going optimization is an imperative aspect for any wireless carrier in order to ensure acceptable levels of service for users, thereby reducing churn. Now, with the boom in mobile broadband infrastructure deployments, Self-Organizing Network (SON) solutions promise to automate the planning, configuration and on-going optimization of Radio Access Networks (RANs). ARCchart estimates that SON in its full implementation, as defined by the 3GPP, can automate as many as 60% of all tasks typically performed by a RAN optimization engineer.
A Self-Organizing Network is a network that can automatically configure and continuously optimize the parameters of its sub-elements with the aim of optimising network performance, capacity and coverage.
This report provides a global assessment of the SON market. In addition to assessing the key market trends, vendor strategies and the industry's future roadmap, the report quantifies OpEx and CapEx savings possible through the implementation of SON, and provides detailed market forecasts for SON software revenues from 2012 through to 2017, from both global and regional perspectives. The report also considers revenues for the legacy RAN planning & optimization software market. Historical figures are also provided for 2011.
Topics of coverage include:
- RAN planning and optimization
- SON business case
- Factors driving the SON market
- Challenges to the SON ecosystem
- SON functional areas and implementation architectures
- Future roadmap of the SON industry
- Profiles of key SON software vendors
- Wireless Network and HetNet Infrastructure Spending
- Market sizing and forecast
- Eden Rock Communications
- France Telecom (Orange)
- Globe Telecom Phillipines
- Korea Telecom
- LG Uplus
- Mosaic Telecom
- NetLogic Microsystems
- Newfield Wireless
- Nokia Siemens Networks
- Plano Engineering
- Portugal Telecom
- Reliance Communications
- SK Telecom
- Telefónica O2
- Turkish Telecom
- Verizon Wireless
- Xceed Technologies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/j9ndt3/selforganizing
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks